Naples Excursions

Ed342

Not aware of tours as you walk off but there are many non ships tours easy to do from this port either by pre booking or on your own. Can't be missed tours is a regular which we used for an all day to Sorrento and Pompeii. On a second day we did Herculaneum on our own which was quite easy. Many travelers will also do Capri as a diy because the ferry leaves next to the cruise ship port. I was interested in some local food and walking tours for a recent visit but they do not run on Sunday's so we missed them. Because the ships dock so centrally this is an easy day port. Do not let a quiet roll call slow you down.

There will be many many taxi drivers wanting to take you on tours from Naples port. I've never done one, so can't give you a recommendation, but be assured there will be plenty of pierside tours available. You should have an idea of where you want to go and a price you are willing to pay. There's a lot of competition so be prepared to move on to someone else if you don't like the price

Edited by Bobal

There will be many many taxi drivers wanting to take you on tours from Naples port. I've never done one, so can't give you a recommendation, but be assured there will be plenty of pierside tours available. You should have an idea of where you want to go and a price you are willing to pay. There's a lot of competition so be prepared to move on to someone else if you don't like the price

While this is true, keep in mind that the OP asked about "tours". So, OP, if you want someone to tell you about what you're seeing, the taxi drivers may or may not have information to impart.

It is the rare, extremely rare, taxi driver in Naples who speaks English much beyond what is needed to complete the financial transaction. You should never count on them to provide any information, just transportation.

This would be my concern- yes, there may be dozens of taxis there- for taxi fares. For a "tour" English skills are probably going to be important. That would be the more serious challenge.