Sawgrass Outlet Mall prior to Cruise

Reina del Mar

Flying into FLL from UK couple of days before cruise. Staying in Holiday Inn Express State Street.

Please advise best way to visit Sawgrass Mall...preferably without hiring a car.

Will taxi prices be prohibitive ?

Are there shuttle services?

Direct public transport ?

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Flying into FLL from UK couple of days before cruise. Staying in Holiday Inn Express State Street.

Please advise best way to visit Sawgrass Mall...preferably without hiring a car.

Will taxi prices be prohibitive ?

Are there shuttle services?

Direct public transport ?

Many thanks for your thoughts.

State Street? Do you mean State Road 84?

If so, a taxi from there to Sawgrass Mall would be about $60 plus tip each way. I'm sure Uber is somewhat cheaper, but is it worth it?

I couldn't even tell you what bus routes to take and switch to, but I imagine it would take a couple of hours to get there in what would normally be a 20 minute drive. Public transportation in America is not anything close to what it is in Europe. It sounds bad to say, but about the only people who ride public buses are of a lower socioeconomic demographic which makes some people uncomfortable.

Wow, another awesome ambassador.

I ride public transportation here.

If your coming from Europe, skip Sawgrass Mills and go to the Aventura Mall.

It's on U.S. 1, 12 miles from your hotel, Sawgrass is 13 miles from what L D thinks is your hotel.

Edited by fireofficer5

I've never seen any comments on the shuttle that picks up at hotels but the official mall website (http://www.simon.com/mall/sawgrass-mills/travel-here) notes:

For a reasonable fee, take the Sawgrass Mills Shuttle servicing Fort Lauderdale or Miami area hotels. For reservations, please call 1+ (954) 838-1039 or visit
. The Sawgrass Mills Guest Services staff will be happy to arrange taxi services for you as well.

It's on U.S. 1, 12 miles from your hotel, Sawgrass is 13 miles from what L D thinks is your hotel.

Thank you fireofficer....nicely said!

I call it telling the truth to someone who will be a stranger and unused to the way things are in America.

I'm willing to bet your riding of public transportation is very limited, especially out in Cooper City, and that you rarely ride the bus every day along Sunrise Blvd, 441 and Downtown Ft Lauderdale. I've been on public transportation all over England, Downtown Ft Lauderdale and Miami. In England I didn't have to sit and listen to loudtalk motherf*** this and motherf*** that as well as every sentence containing loud swear words. It's actually an enjoyable experience in England and you meet a lot of nice people.

anyone check the mall's website?

BY SHUTTLE

The Sawgrass Mills Shuttle offers transportation to and from select Miami and Fort Lauderdale Hotels.

(so you might need to taxi to a participating hotel first ....)

Miami round trip: USD$30 per person

Fort Lauderdale round trip: USD$25 per person

To reserve, please call +1(954)838-1039 OR reserve online at SawgrassMillsShuttle.com.

Contact email: info@sawgrassmillsshuttle.com.

Accepted Payments: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Amex Travelers Cheques

The Sawgrass Mills Shuttle is serviced by Sawgrass Tour 95.

{{p.s. IMO not worth a trip .......}}

Edited by Capt_BJ

Tourists who visit other countries are targets of opportunity for thugs and they should be aware of situations that could put them at risk.

Lido Deck is only stating the truth. For the most part, there is a lot of trash that rides the bus.

The city isn't moving the downtown/Broward bus station because it is always filled with upstanding citizens. The McDonalds doesn't have armed guards in their parking lot there because of all the gracious foot traffic the bus station brings.

I have no idea why anyone would tell you to go to Aventura Mall when you specifically asked about Sawgrass.

I would seriously rethink renting a car.

You'll want somewhere to put all your purchases rather than dragging them around a mall all day then having to get on the bus and as Lido Deck pointed out, easily a two hour ordeal each way.

Personally, I can spend hours in the Saks Fifth Avenue outlet.

Edited by BlueHerons

Lido Deck is only stating the truth. For the most part, there is a lot of trash that rides the bus.

The city isn't moving the downtown/Broward bus station because it is always filled with upstanding citizens. The McDonalds doesn't have armed guards in their parking lot there because of all the gracious foot traffic the bus station brings.

I have no idea why anyone would tell you to go to Aventura Mall when you specifically asked about Sawgrass.

I would seriously rethink renting a car.

You'll want somewhere to put all your purchases rather than dragging them around a mall all day then having to get on the bus and as Lido Deck pointed out, easily a two hour ordeal each way.

Personally, I can spend hours in the Saks Fifth Avenue outlet.

Reality is often a bitter pill to swallow, so many people choose to disregard it and instead choose denial.