Places to stay in Miami

cindorphin

A few more details will help the suggestions to be closer to your target.

Date of your cruise and budget? :confused: The $300+ hotel in Jan-March can go for $100 or less in July/August

Flying into MIA or FLL? :confused: What time do you arrive? Or are you driving down? :confused:

Travelling solo? Couple? Family? :confused:

Unless you are flying into MIA late and just want a room the common suggestion here is to stay downtown close to the port. Lots of threads here about Miami hotels - try the search function.

If you are flying into FLL I would stay in that area and then shuttle/cab/limo/Uber to POM the next day.

Biscayne Bay Marriott.Right at port,great view of ships and good hotel.Have been staying there for past 15 years every time we sail out of Miami.

So, glad to hear this. We've just booked this hotel the night before our cruise in March. Do they offer a shuttle from the airport or transfers to the Cruise Port? Have you eaten at the restaurant there? Thanks for your input!

So, glad to hear this. We've just booked this hotel the night before our cruise in March. Do they offer a shuttle from the airport or transfers to the Cruise Port? Have you eaten at the restaurant there? Thanks for your input!

No shuttle from the airport - taxi for about $25-27+ or Uber for under $20.

I occasionally stay at the Doubletree next door - the restaurant/bar there is a good option for Caribbean inspired food. Bin 18 - two blocks away, Biscayne & 18th is a good option for tapas and an extensive wine/beer list. :D

Also consider the Hampton Inn Brickell

it is next to Mary Brickell Village with good places to eat ...

all your taxi/UBER costs will be similar and is walking distance from METRORAIL if you are brave (Miami sun can be brutal most of the time)

If I needed a room b4 cruise today this would be my first choice today, altho I always stayed in Coconut Grove previously .... when I needed a room ....

nothing wrong with the other recommendations ... this is simply a newer addition and IMO a good choice.

We've booked the Miami Airport Marriott for this October 30 -$107.00 per night...taxes included. We've never stayed there. But they do provide a free shuttle to the port...leaving at 11:00, noon and 1:00 pm. The Biscayne Bay Marriott was $169.00 per night, before taxes...for the same night, and no free shuttle.

Hope this helps.

I am leaving from Miami and need a decent place for the night before. Would like to not have to pay for extra transportation to the port but will if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are looking for something to do at night, I prefer hotels across from bayside (Yve, holiday inn, even the intercontinental is close). Bayside has lots to offer in terms of restaurants, shopping, and free concerts on the weekends are well attended and have always been excellent. Great way to kick start the party :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BermudaBound2014

There are 3 newly opened hotels in Brickell with a 4th just about to open.

East Hotel at Brickell Citi Centre, Atton Miami Hotel and Homewood Suites Brickell are all open. SLS is just about to open.

East Hotel is absolutely beautiful and their rooftop bar Sugar has an exceptional view. Atton is a South American Hotel and is a few doors down from the Homewood Suites. I have not been inside either of these but they are nice looking from the outside.

SLS looks like it's going to be amazing.

Brickell Citi Centre will be opening in the late fall and when fully opened will just be something. From Saks Fifth Ave, the Apple store, many other stores to a movie theatre, restaurants and a 38,000 square foot Italian food hall to rival those in NYC, it's going to make this area just something!

https://www.brickellcitycentre.com/whats-here/directory