Starting to get concerned about our day at AC

cruisingwith4littles

Okay he wants the full amount upfront from each of us (it's three couples and we want to pay separately). No lunch included for the city tour and Carnival's city tour includes lunch and is $49.99 each. He wants $45. Same exact tour. Thinking we will just go with Carnival even thought I typically avoid booking tours with them these days, but at this port, we'll be the only ship there so it won't be overrun with other ship goers and at least we can wait until last minute to book.

• 8 months later...
Are you definitely looking for beach type of adventure? If not, check to see if they have the "Outback Safari" from AC. I believe they do. I've done this tour a couple of times from Punta Cana and I recall them having it from the Puerto Plata area as well. It's fantastic. The ride in the large vehicles is so much fun and you make plenty of stops, they have refreshments onboard, it's open-air, you get to see how the locals live and make a living, generally visiting a school as well.

Really, Really a cool excursion.

We are hoping to do one from LaRomana next winter on our stop there.

We are signed up for the outback safari tour through Princess in November. Sounded like a great way to see the countryside of the Dominican Republic . But haven't seen too much info.on the cruise critic board. I hope to post our experience.

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am finally getting on her, and have Christmas out of the way, as we are to be coming in March.

Titiaa8396 was here in December, 2015 I believe, and may not see this now. If they do not, perhaps someone else can answer a question or two.

I believe they got a Taxi, or something like that to take them to Sosua, which I believe was a good place to check out in their town. How much was the ride? Also mentioned was the JAVILLA Tour bus, I believe for $5.00 to go back to AC from Sosua? Can someone tell me if it is $5.00 each way? How long would it take time wise to get there, if there was no touring, other than going directly there?

Any vendors here?

Hello fellow cruisers! We will be on the Regal sailing March 19, 2017. My husband and I will be traveling with my 25 year old daughter and her boyfriend. We are looking for 6 people who would like to join us on a tour at Amber Cover: The VIP ALL INCLUSIVE! EAT DRINK & BE MERRY BEST OF PUERTO PLATA NOT JUST ANOTHER CITY TOUR offered through Iguana Mama Tour Company. Adults are $70 per person. This tour and the company had great reviews on Trip Advisor. The tour only runs on Tuesdays with a minimum of 10 people. We will be in Amber Cove on Tuesday, March 21, 2017. Check out the link and let me know if you are interested.

http://www.iguanamama.com/all-inclusive-city-tour.html

DeAnna

Okay he wants the full amount upfront from each of us (it's three couples and we want to pay separately). No lunch included for the city tour and Carnival's city tour includes lunch and is $49.99 each. He wants $45. Same exact tour. Thinking we will just go with Carnival even thought I typically avoid booking tours with them these days, but at this port, we'll be the only ship there so it won't be overrun with other ship goers and at least we can wait until last minute to book.

Hello fellow cruisers! We will be on the Regal sailing March 19, 2017. My husband and I will be traveling with my 25 year old daughter and her boyfriend. We are looking for 6 people who would like to join us on a tour at Amber Cover: The VIP ALL INCLUSIVE! EAT DRINK & BE MERRY BEST OF PUERTO PLATA NOT JUST ANOTHER CITY TOUR offered through Iguana Mama Tour Company. Adults are $70 per person. This tour and the company had great reviews on Trip Advisor. The tour only runs on Tuesdays with a minimum of 10 people. We will be in Amber Cove on Tuesday, March 21, 2017. Check out the link and let me know if you are interested.

DeAnna

• 3 weeks later...

DeAnna

We are going to take this tour Feb 7th 2017 so hopefully I will have news for you before you go!

• 2 weeks later...

The VIP ALL INCLUSIVE! EAT DRINK & BE MERRY BEST OF PUERTO PLATA NOT JUST ANOTHER CITY TOUR offered through Iguana Mama Tour Company looks AMAZING!

DeAnna and Kathy - please post about your experience with this tour. This sounds perfect for our family of 6 adults for our Christmas cruise later this year.

We were there in December. We didn't really want to spend all day at Amber Cove; would have loved the waterfalls tour but my husband was having a lot of trouble with plantar fasciitis and was concerned about climbing.

We picked up a tour at the stands as you leave the port area--ours was $40 for several hours. We had a nice young man; English was a little difficult for him but we got along.

We had an interesting tour of the city, the seafront and the fort. We could have had beach time, a meal, etc. but chose not too.

We did do the gondola tour to the top of a mountain; extra charge, but not too much. It was very enjoyable and there are a lot of gardens to explore at the top.

We then spent an hour or so at the pool; very crowded and the pool was barely deep enough for swimming, but it was fine. The zip line looked like fun, but since we have zipped several other times, it didn't seem necesary. We enjoyed our day.

Nebr cruiser, you mentioned the gondola tour, that you did not do. I didn't even know they had anything like that there. How can I find (if you know) more info on this? We have never been to AC/DR, so I curious about this, if it would be worth seeing?

Nebr cruiser, you mentioned the gondola tour, that you did not do. I didn't even know they had anything like that there. How can I find (if you know) more info on this? We have never been to AC/DR, so I curious about this, if it would be worth seeing?

We did do the gondola; I think it was around $8 pp, but not sure. It is on the road between Amber Cove and Puerto Plata, the city nearby.

You ride a gondola up the mountain over gorgeous jungle and back down again. We had beautiful views and coming down fog at the upper areas that was also beautiful as it drifted in and out of the foliage.

At the top is an extensive garden area and walking trails as well as places for snacks. We didn't take the time to walk around the entire area, but there seemed to be a lot to see.

It's not really a tour; we just had our driver stop there on the way back to the ship. You can spend as much or as little time at the top as you like.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

• 2 weeks later...

DeAnna

Do you still have room?