Saint Maarten to Saint Barts and Anguilla question

sbfanatic

You can fly from Saint Maarten or take a boat. The flight is pretty intense, think small plane and short runway. The food is wonderful and the beaches are gorgeous with good snorkeling. At least you can pack light because the beaches are clothing optional. When we got home after a week there my daughters asked me, "Mom why don't you have any tan lines?!"

Google ferries to Anguilla. Cost isn't much around $10 pp each way. But schedule might not be complementary to your ship's schedule, especially if ship time is different from St Martin time. And there will be taxi fare to where the ferry docks. Late afternoon traffic from the airport area can be excruciatingly slow.

You can fly from Saint Maarten or take a boat. The flight is pretty intense, think small plane and short runway. The food is wonderful and the beaches are gorgeous with good snorkeling. At least you can pack light because the beaches are clothing optional. When we got home after a week there my daughters asked me, "Mom why don't you have any tan lines?!"

I'm pretty sure that even topless is illegal and definitely not appreciated by locals.

You might get away with some degree of topless/nude beaching in very secluded spots or private high-end resorts, but the island is definitely NOT clothing optional.

gary

Has anyone visiting Saint Maarten traveled to Saint Barts or Anguilla for a day trip? If so, can you give any information or suggestions?

Yes we have done multiple day trips to both. All were done while on a land vacation.

If you are on a cruise then I would recommend taking a cruiseline excursion as you are dealing with visiting another country. You never know who or what vessel will be detained and thus affecting all travelers on that boat or aircraft. There are just too many "what if's" to me to go to either of these islands on a regular 8-5 or 6 cruise stop.

If you are on a land vacation I have experience with different companies and can offer some assistance.

If going to St Barts (even for the day) you will need a valid Passport. This is important for cruisers since many do not have Passports on closed loop cruises.

Hank

You need a passport for visits to both St. Bart's and Anguilla.

Google ferries to Anguilla. Cost isn't much around $10 pp each way. But schedule might not be complementary to your ship's schedule, especially if ship time is different from St Martin time. And there will be taxi fare to where the ferry docks. Late afternoon traffic from the airport area can be excruciatingly slow.

I think the cheapest ferry is from Marigot and that is $20 plus $5 departure tax each way. So $50 pp round trip is what I would budget for the ferry itself.