US Coast Guard Inspection in FLL

DKLI

So Royal sent me a note that we should not show up for our Allure cruise this weekend until 12:00noon due to a US Coast Guard Inspection. I will be getting into FLL at 9:03am. We usually just head over to the port and know that we will have a bit of a wait, but I don't want to be waiting for hours, possibly outside the terminal. We are Emerald status if that makes a difference.

Anyone have any experience with this? Should I go over anyway and hope for the best? Or are there any suggestions for what to do on a Sunday morning in FLL for 2+ hours? :o

Thanks.

Karen

I think CruiserBruce is right. Normally, I would think about trying to get to a restaurant for brunch, but landing at 9:30, assuming you have checked bags, means it will probably be at least 10 before you are ready to leave the airport. Then you will have to lug your bags with you, making the number of places you can go more limited (although a hotel restaurant could be a possibility, as they will have more "space" to put bags while you eat). At that point, you might as well hang out at the airport before you head to the port.

I had this happen in San Diego. Now, it’s much easier in SD to fill in the extra time thanPort Everglades. However, 2things. One, you can drop yourbags off and not get on the ship. Secondly, do not attempt to board at noon since everyone else will tryto get on the ship at that time. I’dwait until 1:30pm or so before checking in. What I do not know if there is a place at the port to getsomething to eat. If so, go andjust wait. Not much else you cando.