Getting Taxi for 7 at FLL Airport to Port Everglades

Snookum

Thank you everyone for recommending a taxi to the port from the airport to our cruise on Oasis in August. That's what we will do but can you tell me where to pick one up. Do we go out the front of the airport and if not where? Also how many will one taxi hold (must include luggage) because we don't want to be packed in the taxi. I'm assuming it will take 2 or 3. TIA.:)

Hi! Will you be going straight to the Port from the Airport? If so, how much time will you have available? Reason I ask is sometimes the taxi lines may be longer than usual and then it is best to use a service as such the poster above recommended. You will then know they are (hopefully) waiting for you and you can just zip in and out.

taxi to the port from the airport....can you tell me where to pick one up. Do we go out the front of the airport ... I'm assuming it will take 2 or 3. TIA.:)

Yes, cabs are right outside baggage claim at FLL, and 2-3 should fit comfortably with luggage.

They're right outside the FLL airport with no problems hailing one. My trips to and from Port Everglades took 10-12 minutes and I was charged $15 and $18 respectively. Solo passenger. There are sometimes taxi vans and SUVs in the same queue. You can ask the desk attendant to let you and your family to wait for 2 vans or grab 3 separate taxis or hire one big van - like a Super Shuttle to get all of you to the port.

Cabs are right outside baggage claim. There is a dispatcher there who handles the line very efficiently. He has the ability to call a "van cab" which will hold a lot. Did this last year with our party of 6 and a lot of bags. Very quick, easy and had absolutely no problems.

Might I recommend booking a private van to meet your group. You will save money and everybody can share the same van. (That is if you are all arriving at the same time)

I have used this company and they are excellent.

http://www.ridesas.com/

This is the only way to go a standard Taxi van can accommodate 7 moderate sized passengers but they better be nimble and best of friends as it will be tight but there would only be space in the back for 7 carry on bags so travel light.

johnlcruise has supplied the best option.

We have had to fly into Ft Lauderdale and get to the Miami port with a large family group, and used A Family Limousine service, 954-522-7455.

If we are just going from the Ft Lauderdale airport to Port Everglades, we usually just use the cruise shuttle.

Thank you everyone for recommending a taxi to the port from the airport to our cruise on Oasis in August. That's what we will do but can you tell me where to pick one up. Do we go out the front of the airport and if not where? Also how many will one taxi hold (must include luggage) because we don't want to be packed in the taxi. I'm assuming it will take 2 or 3. TIA.:)

I'd go with the taxi. You might have to get two taxis. Cost will be about $15 each, plus tip.

I'd go with the taxi. You might have to get two taxis. Cost will be about $15 each, plus tip.

Shuttle is usually the most expensive way. Most charge at least $10 per person - even for two people that's more than a cab. Cruise ship shuttle is more expensive than airport/port shuttles.

In many places, a shuttle for a group would be cheaper, but given the short distance between FLL and Port Everglades, even if you have to get 2 cabs it will likely be less than 1 shuttle. (But I'm not an authority on shuttle prices at FLL, because I usually have access to a private vehicle (family) when cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale.)

The airport is only a 15 min or so ride to the port. I wouldn't worry about being squished for that short a ride. Get the larger cab or two. Don't mess with a shuttle service. Costs will be $10 per person. $70 plus a tip.

Cabs ( any size) run $15-18. Do the math. Not sure how anyone would say shuttle is less costly in Ft L. unless traveling solo.