looking for great Thanksgiving cruise, 2014 on Celebrity

nurse720

I want to go on a cruise again. I heard that Celebrity has a great cruise line. I have cruised on Holland America several years ago and Princess. Looking for an upscale experience to Eastern 'Caribbean with good food, shows and service. I will be traveling with my sister and my 13 yr old son. Any suggestions? Is celebrity a good choice?

Is Celebrity better than Royal Caribbean? I have not been on one of the mega- ships, not sure if I want that big of a cruise ship. Looking for a great experience and good food but also traveling with my 13 yr old son who needs entertainment.

Both Celebrity and RCI are great experiences, but ti depends on what you want out of a cruise. Your 13 yo will enjoy RCI more than Celebrity. It has all sorts of activities that he will like.

I am not a fan of the mega-ships, but some folk really like them. You can get zip-lining, ice skating, surfing, rock climbing, etc. You won't find any of that on Celebrity. We like a smaller ship, they seem to be 'comfy'.

We've sailed on both lines and both were pleasant vacations. Doubt you'll go wrong with either!!

Enjoy your vacation!!!

Thanks for the reply. I am booking for thanksgiving holiday week in NOvember 2014 and just wanted to explore all my options. My son will be 14 and it will be me and my sister, we are both in our 50's. I do not want to be surrounded by 3000+ people like on a Royal Caribbean ship so I thought Celebrity may be just right. But, really I am concerned about the food, cleanliness and service above all else. Which line do you think is best? Nurse 720

Thanks for the reply. I am booking for thanksgiving holiday week in NOvember 2014 and just wanted to explore all my options. My son will be 14 and it will be me and my sister, we are both in our 50's. I do not want to be surrounded by 3000+ people like on a Royal Caribbean ship so I thought Celebrity may be just right. But, really I am concerned about the food, cleanliness and service above all else. Which line do you think is best? Nurse 720

Celebrity is a notch upscale from Royal Caribbean. But I also think a 14 year old would enjoy Royal Caribbean more. Since it is 2 adults to one child. I would choose Celebrity.

I love Celebrity and have cruised several Thanksgiving cruises. We are booked on the Eclipse for November 2014. Just came off a Royal Cruise and have decided it us not the right cruise line for me going forward. The food was the worst ever experienced.

Royal is sailing Vision and Brilliance out of Tampa next Nov. Both are smaller ships. Brilliance will have more than Vision for a 14 year old. These ships hold 2,000 and 2,500 passengers respectively (approx). The Brilliance is a Radiance class ship, one of the most loved of all the classes. So, you don't have to go on one of the mega ships. :).