Where to stay in Barcelona for a family of 4

pattle66

As a family of 4 not many of the hotels can accommodate us in 1 room with a double and 2 single beds so I have started to look at apartments. Some of them look lovely and are reasonably priced.

Can anyone recommend what area we should be basing ourselves in Barcelona for easy access to restaurants and attractions. We will be staying 3 nights.

Any apartment recommendations that are suitable for a family of 4?

Thank you in advance, any help is appreciated.

We like staying in barceloneta as you have lots of restaurants, the area is quite at night and there is a subway station and a stop for the hop-on-hop-of bus close by. The area has a small market and some local stores.

Google freestanza, we've stayed with them before and really liked the building and the area.

Check out Gruputel Gran Via 678. They have "family rooms" which are actually two connecting rooms. They might have rates just under USD 1000 for 3 nights but it includes a great breakfast buffet

Take a look at the plaza Cataluna area. It's at the north end of las ramblas and well located. Did you check hotel indigo? We stayed there and I know they have a few larger rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Casa Camper has suites with a king bed, hammock and sofa. You cannot book for a party of 4 online, but you may be able to via phone.

I think we paid about $240 per night for a regular room (which also has a king bed plus a 'lounge' across the hall with hammock and sofa.

They have snacks and drinks 24 hours a day plus a cooked breakfast

Hotel Regina just off the Placa Catalunya has rooms that take 4 people and depending on when you book (how far in advance) / when you stay, should come in around or under $1000 for 3 nights including breakfast. It's so convenient for exploring Barcelona. We have stayed there previously and are staying there again for 3 nights shortly before our Med cruise.

We are also a family of 4.

Stayed twice at Casa Camper but the last years we stay at Barcino 147.

It's close to all there is to see, metro Gracia and Plaza Catalunya.

Breakfast is served in a nice kitchen and you can help yourself to tea and coffee all day.

We like it because it feels like coming home after shoping or sightseeing.

We for sure be within your price range +/- 170 euro a room.

So good we are visiting again in July! :):):):)

http://barcino147.com/

We are also a family of 4.

Stayed twice at Casa Camper but the last years we stay at Barcino 147.

It's close to all there is to see, metro Gracia and Plaza Catalunya.

Breakfast is served in a nice kitchen and you can help yourself to tea and coffee all day.

We like it because it feels like coming home after shoping or sightseeing.

We for sure be within your price range +/- 170 euro a room.

So good we are visiting again in July! :):):):)

http://barcino147.com/

Barcino 147 is not really a hotel it is more of a hostel. Most of the rooms have shared bathroom facilities.

You can get a room with a private bathroom but you need to make sure when you are booking.

IMHO, for the prices they charge you can get somewhere much better.

Hotel Regina just off the Placa Catalunya has rooms that take 4 people and depending on when you book (how far in advance) / when you stay, should come in around or under $1000 for 3 nights including breakfast. It's so convenient for exploring Barcelona. We have stayed there previously and are staying there again for 3 nights shortly before our Med cruise.

Agree with this recommendation. We stayed there a few years ago with our sons - who were teens at the time. Nice hotel and the location couldn't be better.

As a family of 4 not many of the hotels can accommodate us in 1 room with a double and 2 single beds so I have started to look at apartments. Some of them look lovely and are reasonably priced.

Can anyone recommend what area we should be basing ourselves in Barcelona for easy access to restaurants and attractions. We will be staying 3 nights.

We always stay at Citadines Barcelona Ramblas, a full service apartment hotel right on the Ramblas and also behind the Ramblas. It has been fully renovated. Location very convenient, 5 minutes from Catalunya square, the Boqueria market, Gothic quarter etc. Right in front of a large Carrefour supermarket. Full kitchen facilities and dishwasher, but we always eat out.

Many restaurants nearby. We just booked with 30% discount because of the 30th birthay of the company, by joining their loyalty program. Check the promotions on http://www.citadines.com. Good luck!

We always stay at Citadines Barcelona Ramblas, a full service apartment hotel right on the Ramblas and also behind the Ramblas. It has been fully renovated. Location very convenient, 5 minutes from Catalunya square, the Boqueria market, Gothic quarter etc. Right in front of a large Carrefour supermarket. Full kitchen facilities and dishwasher, but we always eat out.

Many restaurants nearby. We just booked with 30% discount because of the 30th birthay of the company, by joining their loyalty program. Check the promotions on http://www.citadines.com. Good luck!

Thank you for the reply Celly. I had discounted this apartment because the kids would have to sleep on the sofa bed. Did you use the sofa bed, was it comfortable? I love this for location though.

Hotel Regina looks lovely and within budget. It is now on our short list. Thank you for your recommendation.

The Acta Antibes had a room for 4 we put our daughters there and it was more like a small apt/suite

2 in one room 2 in the other with the bathroom conveniently located in the entrance foyer to the suite

It might have been a double and 2 twins or it might have been 4 twins. I don't remember

Did you use the gym/pool affiliated with this hotel? Do they allow teenagers?

Did you use the gym/pool affiliated with this hotel? Do they allow teenagers?
N

Hi

No we didn't use the gym/pool when we stayed there as one of our girls was too young. Looking at the hotel website and the info re Holmes Place, it states that children over 16 are allowed to use the facilities (and there is entry for kids, saturday, sunday and bank holidays, from 11h to 12h30). I hope this helps.

Karen

Thank you for the reply Celly. I had discounted this apartment because the kids would have to sleep on the sofa bed. Did you use the sofa bed, was it comfortable? I love this for location though.

They have one bedroom apartments and the sofa bed slept well when we were there on a family trip.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you considered airbnb they have great apartments or homes that you can rent and the prices vary. They have great neighborhoods some touristy and some very local check it out I will be doing them for my various nights in Europe this summer.

we are also a family of 4 and just booked the hispanos 7 suiza, it gets excellent reviews on trip advisor( ranked #15 out of 500+ hotels) its right next to the metro and the sagarada familia* and we paid around $530 cdn for two nights.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at Hotel Canton, a small hotel just a block off Las Ramblas and Ronda Litoral (near the Columbus statue). We had booked a double room and a twin room for the 4 of us, but they instead put us in the rooftop apartment for the same price (total of 140 Euros per night). The apartment was very quiet, had a microwave, burner, small fridge, and double and twin bedrooms. It was nice to be able to bring back leftover dinner and let the kids eat it for breakfast the next morning. No real amenities other than free wifi in the lobby, but couldn't beat the location and the price. Google for it - they have a decent web site.

I especially recommend the tapas, paella, and sangria at just about any restaurant on or slightly off Las Ramblas, and the juice and gelato in the market La Boqueria.

$1000 is a healthy budget for 3 nights in Barcelona.

We spent less than that when we spent four nights there in a four star hotel to the north of the city centre. We wanted to do half city, half beach and figured it was easier to stay on the beach and take public transport into town, rather than howf towels and mats in and out of the city centre. It was a 20 minute bus ride into town, with buses every 7 minutes (we timed them from our lunch restaurant).

I don't know about your kids, but mine like cities in small doses, so a beach base with a couple of hours in town was perfect.

We just traveled with our two kids and stayed at Hotel Continental Palacete in Barcelona. It was worth it for the experience. We paid approx.$300 per night.

This hotel used to be a house for a very wealthy family. It is a great experience for the kids to see this.

There is a 24 hour buffet which is different than american style but no one went without.

For a family of four you end up with a large suite that has two small rollaway beds which are fine for kids.

The location is amazing.

You would not regret this choice. The staff is there and very family friendly.