Suddenly on a restaurant wait list.

Foxtrotoscar46

Hi, cruising on the Silver Spirit from Athens to Venice next month. I chose some restaurant bookings online as soon as I could a few months back. Everything has been fine every time I have checked since. However, today I noticed that suddenly I have been wait listed for the final evening of our cruise for a booking we had at Le Champagne. Can anyone shed any light on why this would happen? We are Silversea Virgins..:) Thanks.

Hi, cruising on the Silver Spirit from Athens to Venice next month. I chose some restaurant bookings online as soon as I could a few months back. Everything has been fine every time I have checked since. However, today I noticed that suddenly I have been wait listed for the final evening of our cruise for a booking we had at Le Champagne. Can anyone shed any light on why this would happen? We are Silversea Virgins..:) Thanks.

You could get several answers here,all guesses

Have you contacted Silversea and asked for the correct answer to your question?

Edited by Mr Luxury

Thanks, we booked directly with Silversea, and I have emailed them. No reply yet. I will post the reply.

Good liuck as Silversea are known for their slow response.

Edited by Mr Luxury

Hi

We are also on this cruise. I tried to start a roll call to no avail. We are from Australia

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Katie, I've been checking for a roll call too. I would have started one if I knew how... Hopefully we will meet onboard.:)

Why don't you click on Silversea's MEET & MINGLE top of this page -- start there -- and if you get 6 or more you're assured a very nice cocktail meet early in the cruise -- meeting your fellow passengers.

We are on this cruise too. Our booking for Champagne is also on a wait list although all other bookings are confirmed. This will be our 4th cruise on Spirit but we've never tried Champagne before. I've joined the Meet and Mingle, so will see you there.

In April on the Spirit, we had made on-line dinner reservations at several restaurants. When we boarded, we only had one confirmed reservation notice in our mail box. I immediately headed down to Stars and joined a very long line of unhappy campers. The official word at that time (maybe not now) was that on-line reservations were mere requests and not a confirmed reservation.

I sincerely hope this has been resolved since April.

JackO, thanks for that information, much appreciated. Wow.. I've got a comment from Duct Tape, isn't that like being acknowledged by Royalty on here? :):):) thanks will I be receiving the famous silver box? Or is that for the great and the good?

We are on the same itinerary later this year, so I hope you will post to let us know what you thought of the ports and what you did in each port.

When we were on the Spirit in March, we stopped in at Stars to confirm they had our reservations. They only had reservations for the first 5 days of the cruise, as they said they are forwarded to them in that manner. It wasn't a problem at all...ultimately, they had all our online reservations. But I did bring a print out of what we had reserved so I could confirm with them.

We made all our dining and spa reservations online for our May cruise on the Spirit, and when we boarded we were given a list of them, and they were all as reserved. Boarding staff mentioned that the system was working. Also received a list from our butler, and daily confirmations in our mail slot. So for us it worked well.

Hopefully it will work yhe same for our next cruise

Edited by myc6toy