Post cruise transfer back to airport?

bookworm61

Hello,

We are on the NCL Jade this summer and I am wondering what are the options post cruise for getting to the airport. Our flight back to the States departs around 1:30. I don't know what time we have to leave the ship, but I am guessing that they want us to get off sooner, not later. :)

Thanks for your ideas!

Hello,

We are on the NCL Jade this summer and I am wondering what are the options post cruise for getting to the airport. Our flight back to the States departs around 1:30. I don't know what time we have to leave the ship, but I am guessing that they want us to get off sooner, not later. :)

Thanks for your ideas!

We have always pre ordered a taxi back to the airport. It picks you up right outside the building where you get your luggage. I think you need to be at the airport 3 hours early for international flight ,so about 10:30 for you. If you get off the ship by 9:!5-9:30 ish and get your bags and such ,it'll be time to meet your taxi. Don't forget to factor in your 20 minute ride to the airport!We never minded getting to the airport a little early for an over seas flight. The Venice airport is kind of nice! We usually have a late breakfast there and pick up some great sandwiches for the long flight home. There is also some great shopping to window shop or pick up last minute souvenirs!

I understand that this is not the least expensive way,but it it is the quickest way and the easiest way to do it with luggage. Have a great trip!!

Assuming you meant Venice, the airport is about 20 minutes away and there are several options. Which option to choose will depend on your budget and if you can easily manage your luggage.

Look halfway down the page in this link for options.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/transportation-from-stazione-marittima.htm

We travel light, so we use the ATVO express bus, 6 or 7E pp.

For a 1:30pm flight you should be at the airport by 11am. That airport is a zoo.

Since you have the time, maybe consider the Alilaguna, a 1 1/2 hr boat ride from the pier to airport. A scenic transfer and a nice way to kill some time.

Is it an option to just grab a taxi at the pier? If so, about how much would that be for 2 people and luggage to the Venice airport?

I haven't seen any prices noted this year but last yr a taxi was about 40E. It's a 20 minute ride.

Is it an option to just grab a taxi at the pier? If so, about how much would that be for 2 people and luggage to the Venice airport?

It's theoretically possible, but there are a limited number of taxis available usually. If your timing is tight, I'd recommend pre-reserving something. Once the available supply is gone, it may be a while before any more arrive or return (if at all...)

The cost should be around 50 euro, plus or minus.

Is it really necessary to be there 3 hours prior to departure? Our flight back to the States leaves at 7:40 a.m. :eek: We were planning on being there 2 hours beforehand.

Susan

I don't think anything at the airport opens until 5:30am, even the café.

So 5:40am should be fine.

Is it really necessary to be there 3 hours prior to departure? Our flight back to the States leaves at 7:40 a.m. :eek: We were planning on being there 2 hours beforehand.

Susan

Generally, that's the rule. Once our flight was delayed a few hours and we arrived at the airport 3 hours prior to new departure time. The airline almost wouldn't take our bags to be checked since it was beyond the 3 hours of the original time.

airport, the counters don't open till 5 am. It would probably be a good idea to be there about then. it gets crowded quickly once it opens. Our last flight out was at 6:40. Being there when the counter open will allow you to get to your gate in a smooth and timely manner. It's a very expensive flight to miss!

We also have always pre ordered a taxi. Taxis do come to the port but we've never seen more than one or two at a time being there for unreserved pick up. We use taxi finder.com also!

Edited by kadey

Appreciate the input! We'll plan on arriving a bit earlier. Better safe than sorry, I suppose. Maybe we should just not go to bed the night before and sleep all day on the plane. :D

Perhaps call your airline and ask what time their ticket counter at Marco Polo opens.

I tried using that taxifinder website, but couldn't figure out what to enter for the pick up location. We let HAL take care of the airfare and they have us on a flight leaving at 6:50 AM. My mother did the booking, and they assured her that we would be able to leave the ship at 4- something in the morning and that taxis would be available at the port, but I want to have all my ducks in a row.

I tried using that taxifinder website, but couldn't figure out what to enter for the pick up location. We let HAL take care of the airfare and they have us on a flight leaving at 6:50 AM. My mother did the booking, and they assured her that we would be able to leave the ship at 4- something in the morning and that taxis would be available at the port, but I want to have all my ducks in a row.
okay, but keep in mind that the airport doesn't open until 5 at the very earliest. I wouldn't count on a taxi at the port at 4 AM.

Just another reason to book your own airfare, those early morning flights are not a fun way to end a lovely cruise.

Our flight out of Venice was at 6 :40. We were on Norwegian. They announced the day before that anyone getting off the ship before 6:00 would have to leave on the hour (3am,4am ect.) since they would not keep on board security there all night for people exiting. We had a cab for 4:45 since we knew the airport didn't open until 5am. We had to exit the ship at 4am and wait 45 minutes for our reserved cab to come. Also, we were told the day before that if we exited that early we would have to take our own luggage. We spoke to guest services and asked for help since my husband is asthmatic and I couldn't handle the large suitcases alone. They had someone meet us outside our cabin at 4. Please check these issues out before or when you get on the ship and see if HAL handles it differently. I emailed the contact email address and set up our reservation this way. They responded quickly and were very helpful. FYI…. while we waited from 4 to 4:45 for our taxi,there were not any random taxis waiting for people who were getting off the ship that early. All taxis that came were for people who had made reservations. Maybe later in the morning that happens.

Thanks! That is what I suspected, but HAL assures my mom that there will be no problem getting a taxi early in the morning. I prefer not to leave anything to chance.

Any suggestions on taxi companies would be greatly appreciated. As I mentioned before, I didn't get very far on the taxifinder website because I didn't know what to enter for the pickup location.

Thanks! That is what I suspected, but HAL assures my mom that there will be no problem getting a taxi early in the morning. I prefer not to leave anything to chance.

Any suggestions on taxi companies would be greatly appreciated. As I mentioned before, I didn't get very far on the taxifinder website because I didn't know what to enter for the pickup location.

Here is the email address for the company we have used twice. I made all arrangements via email.

bookings@airportstaxitransfers.com

• 2 weeks later...