Need help with Uffizi Gallery reserved ticket time

mickeysgal

Help! Getting ready to reserve our Uffizi tickets. We are arriving into Florence via train from Venice at 11:00 am. We have to store our luggage at the train station and get to the Uffizi gallery. What do you think is a good time for our reservation without cutting it short?. Not sure how much time to all to take care of the luggage and walk (?) to the gallery.

Edited by mickeysgal

I'd allow a bare minimum of an hour; there could be long lines to store luggage (or not) and my guess is that it's about a twenty minute walk to the Uffizi. OTOH you may want to stop for a bite before entering the museum. . .hope that helps.

I'd allow a bare minimum of an hour; there could be long lines to store luggage (or not) and my guess is that it's about a twenty minute walk to the Uffizi. OTOH you may want to stop for a bite before entering the museum. . .hope that helps.

It does; I'm thinking the same thing...a quick bite...then the museum...then a dinner before heading back on the train to Rome for our flight. I have to account for time in line to get to the reserved museum tickets too.

So given all that...12:30 maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
It does; I'm thinking the same thing...a quick bite...then the museum...then a dinner before heading back on the train to Rome for our flight. I have to account for time in line to get to the reserved museum tickets too.

So given all that...12:30 maybe?

12:30 - 1 pm would work for you, have fun planing :)

I'll agree with the 20 minutes to walk to the Uffizi; I walked in about 15 minutes or so from the station to my hotel, the Westin Excelsior. It was about a 5 minute walk from there to the Gallery.

For a dinner, try to make a reservation for the early seating (it's either 7 or 7:30) at Sostanza. A rustic restaurant that has been around for quite some time. They make an amazing entree, the butter chicken. Oh My! The restaurant is very near the Westin, so it's not far from the Uffizi.