Wrong Cabana

nbsjcruiser

Last March we had rented a over the water cabana and when we arrived Labadee we were given a hill one because all the OTW one were taken. I did not say anything but was a little put out because the OTW one were more expensive than what we received. I just wanted to have a good day and took what we were given. This March we again have a OTW one booked. What is the best way to deal with this if it happens again?

Well, 1st I would have made sure the price I paid was adjusted to reflect what I really got....did they refund some of what you paid?

I would bring my e-mail confirmation with me, just to show them, in case that happens again.

However, that said, you don't need a cabana at all to have a wonderful day on Labadee!

Well, 1st I would have made sure the price I paid was adjusted to reflect what I really got....did they refund some of what you paid?

I would bring my e-mail confirmation with me, just to show them, in case that happens again.

However, that said, you don't need a cabana at all to have a wonderful day on Labadee!

No they did not refund any money. It was the cabana attendants who made the decision to give me the hill side one so it was hard to prove it on board. I like to have a cabana because the meds that I am on can react to the sun so it is nice to have the shade.

Well, I would have made a major stink if I'd paid for one thing, and gotten a cheaper version...

Did you get some sort of confirmation of what you paid for? If not, call them and tell them to e-mail it...and take it with you! Sounds like bait and switch!

Well, I would have made a major stink if I'd paid for one thing, and gotten a cheaper version...

Did you get some sort of confirmation of what you paid for? If not, call them and tell them to e-mail it...and take it with you! Sounds like bait and switch!

Yes,I had the cabana shore excursion ticket that said OTW and also the email confirmation. It had nothing to do with the ship but the head person for the cabanas on Labadee that hands out the cabanas. I think if it happens this March I will push the issue and if all else fails demand that they refund the difference in the money and file a complaint with the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets are issued based on the number of cabanas in each category. The only way they ran out is if they gave away your cabana to someone else. Maybe someone who passed a little cash their way. You should have reported it. We've always gotten the category of cabana we have reserved and paid for. You were due a refund and an apology and you would have gotten both.

Edited by BND