Naturalist on board?

surgie

How do we find out if our ship will have a naturalist on board? We are on Millennium Northbound May 22-29. And if a naturalist is on board, do they give daily talks? Continuing commentary?

Yes the Millie has a ship naturalist. No they don't give continuing "commentary". They should give this when you are in Hubbard, but overall that is it.

They will offer a few programs during the week, but not every day. If you are lucky, Brent Nixon will be on board. One of my top three picks sailing Alaska. :) He is very visible and I've spent a great deal of time with him. But, to find him, you kind of have to be out on deck a lot, and hope your paths cross. :)

I am on same ship we had Don Enright on a recent trip in the south pacific. Hopefully he will be on board as he put on some excellent shows.

I have written him several times and gotten no response. Anyone kno his schedule?

Related note: IF your ship has a naturalist, attend the first possible talk that they give, to get a sense of when they'll be doing this or that. On our 2012 cruise, we attended one of the naturalist's talks, and she said that she'd be narrating from the bridge during our time in College Fjord.

While we were in College Fjord, we were along the port railing, and could see her in the bridge, but couldn't hear her. After a while, we decided something wasn't right, and we asked a member of the ship's crew to investigate. Because we "knew" that she'd be narrating and it was supposed to be audible on deck 7 & 14, we were able to convince the ship's crew to do something, and only a few minutes later, her microphone got fixed. Don't be afraid to ask the crew if you suspect something is amiss...we regret not asking earlier actually.

How about on Radiance of the Seas? Any naturalist onboard?

:rolleyes:

Rci usually no naturalist. They do occasionally have "lecturer's" on board, which, in the past, I've known one to be definitely top notch. I haven't heard he has been back doing the circuit, however?

Any Naturalist or lectures on the Pearl NCL?

No naturalists on NCL. Some lecturer's, that many were educators , none I've run into, had much experience in Alaska. "Book smart", certainly. And their program offerings were of interest to many.