Coco Cay questions

bucky0926

I am going to the Bahamas with Royal Caribbean in April. They have clamshells to rent but I was wondering if that was necessary. I want shade with a lounger (actually two one for me and one for DH). Is there an abundance of shade or would I be better off just renting an umbrella? Is it hard to find a lounger? Which is the best beach for snorkeling? Does it get very crowed or will it be peaceful? Any hep for this first timer on RC would be appreciated.

There are plenty of trees for shade...if a lounger isn't there, move one! There is absolutely NO NEED to spend money on clamshells or cabanas....Loungers are everywhere!

The 1st beach you come to will always be the most crowded...keep on walking, and you'll find your perfect spot! Coco Cay isn't very large....easy to walk!

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you cb at sea!

I am not the OP, but you answered everything I was wondering on my search for information on Coco Cay. RCCL and other posters make it seem like you have to pay for everything.

I was thinking the same thing...do we have to pay just to stay in the beach?What is the problem eith the free chairs? :)

Coco has a special snorkeling area with life guards and platforms for resting and items 'placed' as well as the natural stuff ..... you can snorkel other places but the designated area ain't bad.

taken at Coco in the fall

coco%20cay%20snorkel_zpsqgjwlj7e.jpg

COCO-CAY-MAP.jpg

I've never paid for a cabana etc .... only thing I paid for was booze .... (have my own snork' gear including vests)

{correction: did pay for the SCUBA dive once}

Edited by Capt_BJ

I was thinking the same thing...do we have to pay just to stay in the beach?What is the problem eith the free chairs? :)

No, you don't have to pay for anything on Coco Cay, unless you want to. The free chairs are fine, the beach is free, the barbecue lunch is free. An excursion isn't necessary.

You can bring a few dollars ashore for the Market, if you wish to go shopping.

And you can use your Sea Pass/Beverage package for alcohol or soda.

yes, free lunch. The food and the cooks and servers are all from the ship ....

this 'private island' is mostly an extension of the ship experience. All food is included (no specialty rest'). there are some free drinks (water, tea) but you pay at the bars using your 'ship card'. Rentals of floats and snork' gear likewise go on your ship account.

You would want cash if you decided to buy something at the (small) straw market.