This Board is sooooo boring

Cruisegoer

Is it the people posting or the monitors? It seems like no one has anything exciting or interesting to talk about, Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe it’s because we have become mainstream, same sex marriage and all. It seems a lot have been posting on the other roll call boards.

we give advice and answers to poster's questions in a loving and gentle and kind manner.

If you want to liven it up, then talk about Rum Runners, politics or religion.

You can liven it up by posting the following....................

"well, my religious convictions prevents me from ...................."

I think you know the rest.

Maybe it’s because we have become mainstream, same sex marriage and all. It seems a lot have been posting on the other roll call boards.

Indeed! While we'd love to meet other gay cruisers, we're more looking for general tips and advice. It reminds me of the church situation 20 years ago. Back then you had to go out of your way to locate a parish that was "open and affirming," which was the code word for gay-friendly. (Kinda like "FOD meetups" were the code for gay cocktail parties.) Nowadays it's the norm, at least where we live.

Oh, and we're from Massachusetts too: Cambridge to be exact! @CruisingJoe, are you nearby?

Indeed! While we'd love to meet other gay cruisers, we're more looking for general tips and advice. It reminds me of the church situation 20 years ago. Back then you had to go out of your way to locate a parish that was "open and affirming," which was the code word for gay-friendly. (Kinda like "FOD meetups" were the code for gay cocktail parties.) Nowadays it's the norm, at least where we live.

Oh, and we're from Massachusetts too: Cambridge to be exact! @CruisingJoe, are you nearby?

Merrimac, do you ever go to Ogunquit? If the sun is out were there all summer and winters we are cruising. :D

So much for friendly cruisers, someone states the obvious and gets blasted.

How about some fun discussions (g-rated of course) about romance at sea?

I'm sure we've all had our share of aquatic encounters aboard ship.

Ahh! The People's Republic of Cambridge! I always used to hear that line. If you owned a multifamily house & want to convert it to a single family...Go ahead give it a try.

Is it the people posting or the monitors? It seems like no one has anything exciting or interesting to talk about, Zzzzzzzzzzzz

I think a lot of people, unfortunately, don't bother scrolling down the page past their particular cruiseline or roll call.

Or maybe more people are using other outlets like Facebook.

Before Facebook came along, the RSVP Roll Calls on CC were a LOT more active than they are now. Back in 2009 we had 110 people at the CC meet-and-greet; we have not had anything like that since, it is more like 30-40.

So much for friendly cruisers, someone states the obvious and gets blasted.

Well, the OP may be part of the problem. As I asked, what has the OP contributed?

One particular one was about posting bad info about the RSVP cruise in February when we had a medical evacuation: OP posted what was received in texts from "a friend onboard". It did not match anything we actually experienced on board. ;)

Edited by Boytjie

Thank you for being my single white female.

I've actually posted in other Gay board chats such as my next cruising date and added to the fun of the best time for steamroom usage.

Please move along and find someone else to be nasty and rude to and make feel unwelcome.

Nothing SWF about it, it's simple message board functionality. ;) Take a look at my history... I am very active on these boards and helping others - though not about finding action in the steam room though, there's a lot more to cruising than cruising.

It's by looking at your posting history that I ran across your commentary about an incident on a cruise you weren't even on. I remember thinking at the time: *** is he talking about?

And calling people boring is nor rude and makes them feel welcome?!

Edited by Boytjie

Or maybe more people are using other outlets like Facebook.

Before Facebook came along, the RSVP Roll Calls on CC were a LOT more active than they are now. Back in 2009 we had 110 people at the CC meet-and-greet; we have not had anything like that since, it is more like 30-40.

I would be willing to bet that the website traffic for Cruise Critic in general has gone down because of this, which is why promoting Facebook groups on here is not allowed. I've suffered my fair share of 3 day bans for violating those rules so I've come to accept it. It is understandable.

But I will say that I have personally experienced much better participation in meet & greets organized through social media.

Interesting. I don't do Facebook, deleted it, because I don't care to have it follow me around and post every thought I have. Big Brother deluxe. I don't know how this forum can become more useful and less boring, but I will say that I have gotten into trouble here on the Russia threads. Homophobia is a sensitive area here and likely as not to get deleted. As for meet and greet that is a completely fail here.

Nothing SWF about it, it's simple message board functionality. ;) Take a look at my history... I am very active on these boards and helping others - though not about finding action in the steam room though, there's a lot more to cruising than cruising.

It's by looking at your posting history that I ran across your commentary about an incident on a cruise you weren't even on. I remember thinking at the time: *** is he talking about?

I think your last sentence says plenty

Interesting. I don't do Facebook, deleted it, because I don't care to have it follow me around and post every thought I have. Big Brother deluxe. I don't know how this forum can become more useful and less boring, but I will say that I have gotten into trouble here on the Russia threads. Homophobia is a sensitive area here and likely as not to get deleted. As for meet and greet that is a completely fail here.

As well as other CC threads. It seam to me that no one wants to post which cruises they are on. I like to travel with other family members and get to know them at a FOD/LGBT.

Thank you for that, I have been reading your posts on CC for a long time and find them helpful. :)

Joe

If you think me pointing out that the GLBT Message board has gotten very boring justifies hostility and makes you think that I am calling you, a stranger to me, a boring person is your issue, not mine. Sorry for your confusion however.

Bully on keyboard quarterback.

I was reporting what I had been informed of from a passenger of that RSVP sailing, would you like to know his name and cabin number at the time? Thanks for doing your due diligence again on me SWF. I appreciate being the highlight of your day that you must take the time to research my posting history. I almost feel like Kim Kardashian with my own personal stalker.