Hotel recommendation's from recent cruisers in Cocoa beach

mommao729

any recent cruisers who just stayed in cocoa beach hotels give me options on where to stay. We will be coming off a cruise in ft Lauderdale October 7. Figured we would drive a little and maybe stay overnight. I want to stay on the beach or very close. The Hilton is booked. So that is out. Want clean rooms, nice pool. Maybe pool bar & dining. Close to restaurants & shopping. Currently have 4 points Sheraton booked. But reading reviews they say pool is very small and basically on first floor of parking garage. And a block from beach. I have been looking and my brain is fried. Any help would be appreciated. :)

We've stayed at the LaQuinta Oceanfront in Cocoa Beach. It's adjacent to the Cocoa Beach Pier that houses a restaurant and several souvenir shops. There is also a sports bar/restaurant you can walk to. Not many other stores. Hotel was clean and we had no issues. They also had a shuttle to take you to the Port. (this was 2 years ago). There is a bar at the end of the pier, and depending on the weather is really enjoyable. People are fishing at the end and it tends to be entertaining! Also, during certain hours, they will charge you to get to the end of the pier. We went in the restaurant, bought a beer and then there was no "cover charge" to get onto the pier. Enjoy your cruise.

If you're driving from Fort Lauderdale, there are lots of other beach towns with hotels, some of them quieter and some busier. Vero Beach is a nice, quieter and less touristy town with several lovely hotels. Melbourne Beach and Indialantic are smaller yet. Cocoa Beach is very touristy and fairly kitschy. But maybe that's what you're looking for!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before we moved down to the area, I always stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Cocoa Beach. As previously mentioned, it's a good clean hotel. No free breakfast but they have a cafe there and there's also several very good breakfast places in the area. It's roughly a block from the ocean, very easy walk. There are also several good restaurants within a short driving distance.

If you're wanting to be on the water, the La Quinta Cocoa Beach Oceanfront is nice. Does have a basic, but free breakfast. Can't remember if they have a bar or not, but there's several places within walking distance and there is the pier that has a bar/restaurant.

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions! Looks like I have more research to do. Getting excited for our trip. September 30th seems so far away. But I did get my email yesterday saying my documents were ready to print. So now I am hoping for clear skies and smooth seas! Thank you again.

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions! Looks like I have more research to do. Getting excited for our trip. September 30th seems so far away. But I did get my email yesterday saying my documents were ready to print. So now I am hoping for clear skies and smooth seas! Thank you again.

You are welcome! I should mention the stretch of A1A near the Doubletree also has a Hilton, Crown Plaza, and Radisson all direct ocean front. I know Hilton is super high if not sold out that weekend due to multiple weddings.

There is also a Doubletree in Cocoa Beach. It is direct ocean front. My sister and her family just stayed there while they were visiting us, she loved it and she is hard to please. Just remember when you are looking at hotel properties, that Cocoa and Cocoa Beach are 2 different cities.

Have a great trip!