Just off the Pride of America

azappraiser

We've used NCL's BAGS program in Alaska and it was great. Did you hear anything about whether it's offered on POA? We're renting a van for sightseeing while waiting for a late flight and it would be great to not have to handle luggage. They picked up our luggage at night like everyone else's, but we didn't see it again until home airport. Also gave us boarding passes.

We've used NCL's BAGS program in Alaska and it was great. Did you hear anything about whether it's offered on POA? We're renting a van for sightseeing while waiting for a late flight and it would be great to not have to handle luggage. They picked up our luggage at night like everyone else's, but we didn't see it again until home airport. Also gave us boarding passes.

It would be nice of NCL to offer this in Hawaii but from this link it looks like they are not offering it now. Hopefully I am missing something and they are...

From NCL website: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=EasyFly

"NOTICE: This service is currently not in operation or available"

Sadly, the BAGS program isn't available in Honolulu. In fact, when you initially arrive at the port to board the ship, there are no porters either... you have to schlep your own bags to the x-ray machine. At least they take them off your hands from there.

Porters were available when we disembarked.

Although we didn't experience any problems with theft from our rental car, there have been instances where bags have been stolen... it all depends on where you go and what you plan to do there.

Edited by azappraiser

• 2 months later...

Can you tell me if the Pride of America has a restaurant that has chicken wings? The Cadillac diner looks very similar to the Blue Lagoon on other ships we were on and they had the chicken wings. Close to a year before saling..getting excited!!

What a great trip! I'm in the process of writing my review... which I'll post when finished. It's rather extensive and detailed, so I'm going to post it in three parts; the ports, the ship, and general comments. Stay tuned...

Looking forward to your review. Deciding whether we want to do this cruise again (one of our favorites!) or do a land-based trip.

Does POA have studio cabins?

Yes. ;)

Can you tell me if the Pride of America has a restaurant that has chicken wings? The Cadillac diner looks very similar to the Blue Lagoon on other ships we were on and they had the chicken wings. Close to a year before saling..getting excited!!

We had chicken wings at the Cadillac diner when we were on the POA last December.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's a link to my review... I had posted it on the "Hawaii" board.

And... YES, there are studio cabins on Deck 13. Book early, they sell out pretty quick.

As mentioned, the Cadillac Diner does have "Wings"... and popcorn can be found in the Lone Star Saloon.

If you have any more questions after reading my review, feel free to drop me an email.