3 ships in port (8782 passengers) which beach?

GatorGirl

For those of you that have been to Antigua, what beach do you recommend with this many ships in port? We are a family of 5 (kids are 8 and 6). Looking for loungers, bathroom and bar/food.

If you require a day of high quality service, food and drinks with an embience of shabby chic class, far away from the cruise herds, then it has to be Jacqui O's. Book your day and lunch in advance.

Just enjoy. :)

Edited by PORT ROYAL

• 3 weeks later...

Can't help you with your search (we have always gone to Valley Church Beach), but how do you know how many ships will be in Port on your post days? I know there are a couple of websites with that info, but I'm having a senior moment, and can't remember what they are.

Can you do both these in the same day? Are they near each other?

They aren't at all close to each other. VCB is next to Jolly Beach on the west coast. Nelson's Dockyard is down on the south coast near English Bay. But you could do them both in a day with taxis. I think we only spent an hour or 2 in the Dockyard.

Edited by mom says

• 2 months later...
For those of you that have been to Antigua, what beach do you recommend with this many ships in port? We are a family of 5 (kids are 8 and 6). Looking for loungers, bathroom and bar/food.

would also like to know what beach has those amenities

would also like to know what beach has those amenities

Jacqui O's or Cecelia's, both shabby chic class, but JO is closed on a Monday.

Both are well away from the Cruise Herds, no matter how many ships are in port. :)

Book your lunch and day in advance.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

• 3 weeks later...

How far is Valley Church Beach from the port ? and how much do you think a cab will cost there are 2 adults and 2 kids

Thanks

Can't help you with your search (we have always gone to Valley Church Beach), but how do you know how many ships will be in Port on your post days? I know there are a couple of websites with that info, but I'm having a senior moment, and can't remember what they are.

How far is Valley Church Beach from the port ? and how much do you think a cab will cost there are 2 adults and 2 kids

Thanks

So you have some options, we have done public transportation a few times, walking from cruise ship into town to the bus station then to VCB. The bus gets crowded and may be hard for 4 people but very inexpensive. There are many cabs available for hire once you get off ship, you will have no problem, as a matter of fact, they are pretty aggressive wanting you to hire them, they got mad when I told them we were going to take the "bushalte"

Edited by Cruiser-T