Anyone cruise with an AIP diet or Hashimoto's?

bigsky

A seasoned cruiser. Love looking forward to the wonderful food onboard! Just diagnosed with Hashimoto's and have to adhere

to a VERY strict way of eating to heal my gut. Wondering if anyone here, if not with this disease, have to have very strict guidelines to eating. Since I've never cruised with NCL, I'm not sure how they are about this. No dairy, wheat, grains, soy, eggs, nuts to name a few. Spices as well limited. Can't have cross contamination either. Going on a cruise in one month and not looking forward to the eating part of it. Won't be at the introduce some foods in my diet yet.

I will go online and see if there's a place I can put diet restrictions on there. But just wondering about others experience with this.

Thanks!

I also suffer from Hashimotos but have never been advised to change my diet. I'm interested to know how that helps. I am on thyroid replacement of course, so guess you must be too.

Hope you have a great cruise, and that your health issues improve.

I also suffer from Hashimotos but have never been advised to change my diet. I'm interested to know how that helps. I am on thyroid replacement of course, so guess you must be too.

Hope you have a great cruise, and that your health issues improve.

Diet is everything! I'm trying to get it into remission with diet and supplements only. Just diagnosed and basically trying to fix the gut right now. I can talk with you privately if you want to message me! Need to find out what your triggers are. Gluten is a big no no for anyone that has Hashi's. Maybe others....At this time, no meds for me.

From NCL.com:

In order to make your cruise experience as enjoyable as possible and so that we can try to meet your specific needs, call 1-866-584-9756 (voice), fax (305) 468-2171, send an email to accessdesk@ncl.com or have your travel agent contact us.

Will contact them. Thank you. Used to Royal and we can just add special requests when we ck in online.

My husband and son both have Hashimotos's and neither is on the AIP (Autoimmune protocol) diet. We do have a friend with Hashimotos's who is on AIP and has done quite well with it, but it is very strict. To say that everyone with Hashi's needs to be on AIP or needs to be gluten-free simply isn't true, however. The OP should contact the special needs desk to see how they may be accomodated. If the OP sticks with AIP while on board they may find themselves eating and even more limited diet than usual for the duration of the cruise. Probably plain fruits, meats and vegetables.

From NCL.com:

In order to make your cruise experience as enjoyable as possible and so that we can try to meet your specific needs, call 1-866-584-9756 (voice), fax (305) 468-2171, send an email to accessdesk@ncl.com or have your travel agent contact us.

Contact the above, then speak with the head waiters once on board. Even each night. Re-inforce your foods to avoid.