Excursions on Pride

Roccoforte

Is it safe to wait until I'm on the ship to book excursions? Do they sell out prior to sailing? Sailing in September and I want to wait to see what the weather looks like.

Most of the time, they do not sell out, but if it is a limited participant excursion it could. I have seen some sell out, but most of the time they do not. As long as you are not set on 1 specific excursion that you must go on, there will always be something available....

We waited until the night before to book a city tour for Aruba in March on the Pride and it was sold out. :(

We have tried to book a few excursions on board that were sold out over the years, on Carnival and RCI.

If there is an excursion you really want; I would book it and if the weather looks bad you can cancel up to a certain point (sorry forget exactly how far in advance) without penalty. Perhaps someone knows these rules.

Edited by vlynn
Correction

We waited until the night before to book a city tour for Aruba in March on the Pride and it was sold out. :(

We have tried to book a few excursions on board that were sold out over the years, on Carnival and RCI.

If there is an excursion you really want; I would book it and if the weather looks bad you can cancel up to a certain point (sorry forget exactly how far in advance) without penalty. Perhaps someone knows these rules.

From http://www.carnival.com/legal/shore-excursions-terms.aspx

For online cancellations of excursions or Carnival LIVE purchases that occur before the cut-off window (24 hours prior to sailing), a full refund will automatically be posted to the credit card that was used to pay for the shore excursion order

----------------------

No changes can be made after the cut-off window until sailing

-----------------------

Cancellations made once onboard are subject to a 25% cancellation charge.

Note: if Carnival or the tour operator cancels for any reason (including weather), then you get a full refund. In general, though, they only cancel if the weather is a safety issue.

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad

Thanks for all of your responses! I've booked Port Canaveral but I'm waiting for Nassau and Freeport. All we really want to do is find a nice beach with palm trees and a nice place for lunch. Maybe a resort hotel that allows day guests? The Atlantis sounds like too much of a hassle and too expensive for what we want and after reading reviews none of the ships excursions appeal to me. We might just walk around the port areas and then spend the rest of the day at the Serenity deck.

Thanks for all of your responses! I've booked Port Canaveral but I'm waiting for Nassau and Freeport. All we really want to do is find a nice beach with palm trees and a nice place for lunch. Maybe a resort hotel that allows day guests? The Atlantis sounds like too much of a hassle and too expensive for what we want and after reading reviews none of the ships excursions appeal to me. We might just walk around the port areas and then spend the rest of the day at the Serenity deck.

What did you pick for Port Canaveral? What are your port hours there?

In Port Canaveral from 7:00 to 6:00. Been to Disney, Epcot etc. several times - so this trip we're going to Kennedy Space Center. The ships excursion looks convenient - I think we'll enjoy it.

Thanks. This is our port hours also on the Pride in Jan, and we're hoping to to do Kennedy also. But, we only have 5 excursions available for PC, and Kennedy isn't one of them. Neither are Disney and Sea World, actually.

I'm hoping they just haven't been loaded into the system yet.

We're booked on the Pride in May 2016 and the website is showing 0 excursions for Half Moon Cay.

Are you getting excursions for other ports? We upgraded to windows 10, and if I use Internet explorer, I get 0 excursions for the whole sailing. But, I do see them if I use Edge.

Strangely, Internet Explorer works fine for our Aug Paradise sailing.

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad

So I just tried to make a reservation for 4 at the British Colonial Hilton for the beach day pass. They are sold out the day the Pride is in Nassau in September. Bummer! I called Malia Resort to get info. They said you don't have to reserve ahead - just come to the desk when you arrive. Has anyone been there? How is it?

So I just tried to make a reservation for 4 at the British Colonial Hilton for the beach day pass. They are sold out the day the Pride is in Nassau in September. Bummer! I called Malia Resort to get info. They said you don't have to reserve ahead - just come to the desk when you arrive. Has anyone been there? How is it?

We were there when it was the Sheraton. Looking at images of it now, it still looks the same. We had a great time there and will probably go again next week.

Are you getting excursions for other ports? We upgraded to windows 10' date=' and if I use Internet explorer, I get 0 excursions for the whole sailing. But, I do see them if I use Edge.

Strangely, Internet Explorer works fine for our Aug Paradise sailing.[/quote']

Yes, plenty of excursions are showing for the other ports and I just booked one for Freeport a few days ago. Just seems strange that there were plenty of excursions for HMC a week or two ago and now there are none. I'm not sure if they are truly sold out or if there's some kind of glitch and I just haven't had time to call Carnival to find out.