Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall?

funtime238

Do you have a favorite time of year to sail?

Being from NY, we have always liked late fall and early spring, to extend the nicer seasons, or shorten the harsher ones, I guess. Last year we tried a February "season", and did a cruise, a week off, then another cruise. Really made winter short for us! This year we are trying January. What is your favorite time to cruise?

Being from NY, we have always liked late fall and early spring, to extend the nicer seasons, or shorten the harsher ones, I guess. Last year we tried a February "season", and did a cruise, a week off, then another cruise. Really made winter short for us! This year we are trying January. What is your favorite time to cruise?

I like Spring and Fall, my last one and my upcoming one are mid-May.

Not summer. We don't see a reason to leave the hot weather to go to hotter weather. :D

Living in New England, our winters are loooong. While February is a nice time to escape, cruises seem more expensive. The last couple of years we cruised in April and again in October.

I personally LOVE cruising in October because the Caribbean ocean temps are so beautifully warm. But then we have the whole winter ahead of us.

We need to win a big lottery so we could live on a ship all winter and be home all summer.

We like to cruise late January/early February. By that time I am sick of the winter and all the snow! We like to go before things get too crazy around spring break and after the holidays. After the winter we have had so far this year, I am more than ready to go cruising in a less than 2 weeks!!

We generally cruise in April, but this year, we are looking at May. Just getting over the New England winters....:mad: Also, I like the fact that it's not hurricane season in the Caribbean yet.:D:D For the past two years, we have had great weather in the Caribbean in April 80-90's. Just LOVE it.

Well, we like to cruise when the fares are cheapest! Our kids both have November birthdays, so we've been multiple times then, two in December, twice in May, once in September and the rest in April. (Our anniversary is in April) I veer away from summer because of the fares and the crowds, other than that, my cruise season is pretty much September through May!

Our friends always picked the last week of Feb for our 3 annual CCLs. They were great weather in Mexico (sometimes not so good in NOLA) but this yr, the water in Bahamas and VIs was a bit CHILLY. Still, it was perfect to sit out on deck with in early Mar. We left PC at 82, came back at 45! :eek: Weren't prepared as well for that but it sure made for a busy running day at WDW (we did 4 parks plus it helped us stay warm). Anyway we went back to PC in mid Apirl and had BEAUTIFUL 82 degrees and gorgeous weather in the Bahamas and the water was cool, but a 1-2-3 and jump and it was fine.

I WON'T cruise in Dec/Jan unless it is Mexico (or Hawaii!). I won't cruise June-early Nov because that is right smack in the middle of hurricane season, and all the naysayers can say what they want, but start watching these threads when the Tropical Systems pop up...it is NOT GOOD, and I don't do it. And Summer is too expensive (plus I like summer here!)

For me, late Feb-May is perfection. Mostly calm seas, not much winter weather, and no tropical systems.

I don't often get to pick my cruise dates, actually this one on 5/5 is the first cruise I have ever picked and planned. (Friends and family always chose/planned the others.)

Hoping for another perfect cruise since this yr's Mid-April had stunning weather!

For our first few cruises, we typically cruised in February to coincide with our anniversary. And, it did make for a nice, albeit brief, winter getaway. But the downside was, for us, after spending a week in the nice warm Caribbean, to have to come back home to face 10 or more weeks of winter weather.:eek: That was a definite "buzz-kill" for us. So, about three years ago, after looking at a variety of sail dates and prices, we opted for early to mid May. Number one, we don't have to strip out of winter wear when we get to the port, and number two, we found that there is a drop in prices between the end of Spring Break and the start of the summer cruises (usually around Memorial weekend). So now, May has become our favorite time to cruise. We've had perfect weather for our last two cruises. Spring break is over, so there aren't as many families with kids. For us, it's been a win-win situation.:)

I like the fall.

As someone else said, I don't want to leave hot weather to go to hot weather.

I also don't care to cruise in the winter and risk dealing with snow, ... coming, or going.

Spring wouldn't be bad, I guess, but the fall is what I like.

Yes to all.

A bad day on a cruise beats any good day working.

We normally do twice a year May and Sept. But I like the fact that we can just jump on the Fantasy being from Charleston anytime and that makes it easier to getaway from everything.