Price drop? I'm not sure I understand!

gigem_aggies

In my opinion, the deposit means nothing. Who cares how much it is, My only priority is the total, price. I'm not going to pay more on the end price, because, I don't want to bother paying more deposit. The overall savings are the only thing, I'm concern with.

I would certainly pay the difference in the deposit and get the reduced rate

I guess since we paid $500 (we got the $100 back on 2 AMEX cards) on both of ours after our ES $50/person deposit, that is why we had no issues. I will have to remember that on future cruises. I didn't even know you could get price changes. So thank you for posting this. :D From the AMEX $200 we saved and now the $70, I am a happy camper. Still trying to snag some GC for 10% off, but even if I don't, I'm happy. And I have all the wonderful CC people sharing this info to thank!! :*

If I see a price drop for our category but we got an on board credit during one of carnivals fare specials will they still honor the lower price and let us keep the $50 on board credit promotion even if that promotion is no longer available? I know since our cruise is already paid for, the price drop credit would go towards an on board credit. I guess I am questioning if they will still give us the price drop even if we booked under the $50.00 state room on board credit special.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I see a price drop for our category but we got an on board credit during one of carnivals fare specials will they still honor the lower price and let us keep the $50 on board credit promotion even if that promotion is no longer available? I know since our cruise is already paid for, the price drop credit would go towards an on board credit. I guess I am questioning if they will still give us the price drop even if we booked under the $50.00 state room on board credit special.

If the new, lower rate does not have an OBC offer attached, you will lose the OBC since you would be giving up that offer.

You have to check your exact cabin category not just the generic pricing to determine price drops. If you have onboard credit with existing reservation and the promotion that has lower price changes in fare would be considered a rebook in so you would most likely lose your OBC. The best thing to do is call Carnival if you booked directly or your travel agent to get a comparison between what you have now and what a current promotion is offering.

And yes I did loose my obc on my balcony but I thought 50 off my bill was better

That works as long as it was a wash for total cost. We booked our Sep cruise on an early saver that didn't have onboard credit but had a 2 category upgrade is, under today's new offer, $50 more pp since no upgrades are included. However we have a very desirable aft cabin below the aft pool and hot tub area on Dream and only one cabin remains. We love being right at the aft stairs/elevators.