Best Young adult cruises

chaucey

I would like to do Carnival's 15 day cruise to Hawaii and back, but my girlfriend is 20 and I am 21. They require her to cruise with someone 25.

There are other lines doing similiar itineraries, but which ones would be the most fun for our age group? thanks

You can be assured that regardless of what cruise line, you will be the youngest on board. Longer cruises, such as those to Hawaii and the Panama Canal could have an average age of 65-70. I would suggest a shorter cruise on Royal Caribbean's Allure or Oasis for a younger, more active vibe.

You will want Carnival, RCI or NCL...those will most likely have the younger clientele...Celebrity, HAL, and Princess have an older base age...due to the higher price...Disney is expensive, too, and will have families....not really what you're looking for. An AI might be best for you.

If you go on Hawaiian cruises during the holidays, you'll find a wide range of ages. So you won't have to worry about being the youngest, even on lines such as Princess (we've been on three Hawaiian RTs from LA on Princess in late December, and there is definitely a different atmosphere that probably the sailing before or after). But you might want to check first which cruise lines would allow a couple in your age group to travel on their own.

One thing about the Princess Hawaiian cruises is that there are a lot of fun Hawaiian-oriented activities such as hula and uke classes. And even though the holiday time cruises will tend to cost more (no matter the cruise line or itinerary), ones that have New Years Eve will have a party vibe.

My wife and I have been cruising since our early twenties, now early thirties, and we really like Royal Caribbean.

We have never been to Hawaii, so, not sure what that vibe is like, but we find that all major cruise lines have passengers of all ages, including Carnival and Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL).

NCL has a ship in Hawaii year round, and the freestyle approach does appeal to a wide range of cruisers. We were not huge fans, but I think the reservation system is a bit better now that you can at least reserve the complimentary restaurants 90 days before you cruise.

I would say any RCI ship and would agree, the longer the sailing is, the more you will have an older clientele. Oasis or Allure would be ideal for your age range, but those 2 ships do not go to Hawaii.

Q: What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy?

A: Royal Caribbean International's minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age to sail unaccompanied on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

For voyages originating in North America:

No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status required.

I am 28 now, and I have done a few different cruise lines. So far I have probably enjoyed Celebrity the most. The people are great, service is great too. There are not too many younger people on them, but I don't find that to be a problem. One of my favorite things about the two Celebrity cruises I have been on were that I didn't see a bunch of kids running around like crazy, and the other passengers were much more polite in most cases. Never had a problem with people bing chair hogs, or rude. There were plenty of events that were suitable for me and my companion(s) and the overall feel of their ships are nice and modern.

I'm trying Azamara next, which may be even an older group of passengers. So far older passengers haven't bothered me one bit. If anything I find them to be the more seasoned travelers with good advice and stories, not doing rookie things like making a big deal over getting into the MDR first. I'll pick an older crowd over a ship full of kids any day.