Fred olsen

manxmanjuly

Hi everyone. we have just come back from the Caribbean on Balmoral. what a great trip on a wonderful ship with outstanding crew! My one big problem is with ignorant passengers who just want to TALK/COMMENT about the shows in the main theatre at night. To those people. SHUT UP!! you spoil the show for others! We don't want to know what YOU think. Nor do we want to listen to you drone on about their shoes, their dress, his shirt. If you really have to tell your partner something, whisper to their ear!!! You talkers are really very ignorant. Perhaps you never go out? Perhaps you don't know how to behave in public? Just learn off others around you. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!

Also in the Lido lounge DON'T play cards and whoop and shout while the artists are performing. You my not like the listen and watch but there are many who do. If you want to play cards go else where.

Edited by manxmanjuly

Hi everyone. we have just come back from the Caribbean on Balmoral. what a great trip on a wonderful ship with outstanding crew! My one big problem is with ignorant passengers who just want to TALK/COMMENT about the shows in the main theatre at night. To those people. SHUT UP!! you spoil the show for others! We don't want to know what YOU think. Nor do we want to listen to you drone on about their shoes, their dress, his shirt. If you really have to tell your partner something, whisper to their ear!!! You talkers are really very ignorant. Perhaps you never go out? Perhaps you don't know how to behave in public? Just learn off others around you. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!

Also in the Lido lounge DON'T play cards and whoop and shout while the artists are performing. You my not like the listen and watch but there are many who do. If you want to play cards go else where.

yes they know who they are but it does not stop them ,why will they not shut up even when asked too. it seems to happen on every cruise (may-bee we are just unlucky but i don't think so).

Sadly you will get this to some degree at any of the shows.

My personal favorites were a couple who arrived a little late, picked the seats behind us, carried on with an argument between them about something then asked us to move as we were blocking their view :)

Edited by Mark_T

manxmanjuly, you have my sympathies. Generally speaking my wife and I do not rate cruise shows so we tend to give them a miss, which leaves more room in the theatre for those that do enjoy them. We cruise on Braemar and enjoy the entertainment in the Morning Light pub. We have never encountered people playing cards there but we have encountered the occasional noisy drinking party. My biggest gripe is the seating capacity of the Neptune Lounge. Whenever the comedian is doing a show the lounge is filled to overflowing and quite often if you are on second sitting dinner it is impossible to find a seat.

Oh yes, I know exactly what you mean. I once asked some people nearby to stop talking during the acts and if looks could kill...............

Also happens in the Observatory lounge.

Thanks to those of you who are brave enough to put a comment. We are pleased that others find this behaviour annoying. Perhaps we should all start and contact Cruise Line companies to put something in writing and Announce it each evening before each show or performance NOT TO TALK. After all it is only for 45 min!!!!!!

We have just come back from Braemar and, although we do not do much entertainments, we also experienced this, even when there was a classical style concert at times. I do think announcements could be made regarding this sort of behaviour though.

Someone has also mentioned the observation lounge, which is always a favourite place for us to have a quiet drink on Fred's ships, as we do not generally like the ship entertainments. We found the Observatory on Braemar to be very noisy much of the time with groups of people. Perhaps it was because it was dark of a night, or because people are drinking more with the all inclusive package, but we hope it does not happen on the Black Watch 28 nighter to Canada next May/June, which we have just booked. There are a lot of sea days and we rely on somewhere that is a pleasant, quiet, place to sit.

Edited by tring

Sorry but I tend to disagree with some of the comments on this post.

Sure talking in a Show is a no no, but as far as Lounges are concerned, we have spent many an hour on Fred Olsen Ships in conversation and partaking of a few drinks. I wasn't really aware, apart from the Library or Games Room, that there were designated quiet areas on the Ships. Hope We see not too loud on Breamar on the 12th Jan.....Happy Cruising

Hands up - we are not long back and still getting sorted, recovering etc. and I was not formulating my words properly.

I do not see that people talking in shows a problem within reason, but I was thinking of a classical style performance when a group of people were not so much talking as shouting and laughing loudly to an extent that it was very prominent over the entire lounge - and they continued right through the performance. Regarding the Observatory, again I am not referring to normal conversation, or anything similar. At least one large group were shouting to such an extent that it became impossible for anyone else to have a conversation of their own - and this was not just on one evening.

We have been on mini cruises where there have been hen parties and other large groups, which were good to have around for a bit of life, but this was quite different.

Each has their own opinion and that is what the thread is about as I see it - but I did not make my position clear and welcome the promt to clarify that position.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Edited by tring

• 2 weeks later...

If these people were so annoying, which presumably they were due to your reaction on here, did you not think of asking them to stop?

I agree that talking during a show is not acceptable but in lounges, the music is often just in the background and people do talk- albeit it should be quietly.

Perhaps it would be good to remind the audience- just as we get reminders to turn phones off etc before a show.