Uniworld "premium" spirits

hiccups

I unfortunately don't have a list, and didn't take a picture of the menu, but I seem to remember it being really old scotch and other sipping liquor-type stuff. There was plenty of good booze on the all-inclusive menu.

Edited by ewizabeff

We were happy with the included wine, to the extent that we never looked. We're on SS Catherine in 4 weeks so if I remember, I'll check it out. :)

Great, thank you! DH likes his Scotch and would find it helpful to see what he might have to pay for.

Great, thank you! DH likes his Scotch and would find it helpful to see what he might have to pay for.

Although this is not really relevant to your question. When cruising with Tauck my pre-dinner drink was an 18 year old Glenfiddich single malt and like everything in the bar was included. Tauck have no "premium exceptions".

Although this is not really relevant to your question. When cruising with Tauck my pre-dinner drink was an 18 year old Glenfiddich single malt and like everything in the bar was included. Tauck have no "premium exceptions".

Definitely something to consider if we decide to do a river cruise again! I didn't really look at Scenic or Tauck because I assumed they were out of our price range, but looking now, maybe not. Of course, most of their cruises for this year are already booked so we probably couldn't have gone with them anyway.

We cruise with Scenic and although they are all inclusive except top of the range I never did find out what that included. I to am a scotch drinker and I tried several quite high end versions with no charge. My other half does like a good gin again no charge. I was also very pleased to see and taste several times on our last cruise a lovely very dry sherry I had never seen it on Scenic before, when I ordered it the bartender asked if I liked it cold, which I do so immediatly a bottle was placed in the fridge so that every evening my pre-dinner drink was nicely chilled and almost poured before I got to the bar. One evening a few days later we dinned with a couple for the first time and he had discovered my secret stash, word soon got round, who says sherry is an old fashioned drink.

Well this year my challenge is to discover what is top of the range.

Always something new on a river cruise such fun. CA😉

:o I sent an email to Uniworld asking for a list of premium wines/spirits or vice-versa a list of included wines/spirits but as the title says L...

We'll see if they answer you before our upcoming cruise in 3 1/2 weeks.

We'll see if they answer you before our upcoming cruise in 3 1/2 weeks.

I got a response (!) with the list that will apply to the SS Maria Theresa which has it's maiden voyage in March. I assume the other Uniworld ships have a similar selection. If you or anyone else has a specific brand they want to check on I will be happy to check the list. When I get time I will transpose the contents to this thread.

I got a response (!) with the list that will apply to the SS Maria Theresa which has it's maiden voyage in March. I assume the other Uniworld ships have a similar selection. If you or anyone else has a specific brand they want to check on I will be happy to check the list. When I get time I will transpose the contents to this thread.

Interesting! I emailed them last week through their website asking for the same information, but didn't get any response, either. Did you email through the site, or directly?

If you can transpose at some point that would be great, since I bet others out there are curious.

• 3 weeks later...

I asked the Uniworld travel agent when we were looking into which trip to take and here is the list she sent me:

Diamond Selection Drinks not included:

VODKA

Ketel One Vodka 40,0% 4 cl € 8,00

Beluga Gold Vodka 40,0% 4 cl € 8,00

Belvedere Vodka 40,0% 4 cl € 8,00

GIN

Hendricks Gin 44,0% 4 cl € 8,00

Nolet’s Silver 47,6% 4 cl € 8,00

Nolet’s Reserve 52,3% 4 cl € 85,00

O-Gin (organic) 45,0% 4 cl € 8,00

TEQUILA

Gran Patron Burdeos 40,0% 4 cl € 15,00

RUM

Appleton Estate Rum 43,0% 4 cl € 15,00

Zacapa Centenario Rum 40,0% 4 cl € 8,00

GRAPPA

Solchi Grappa di Barbera 43,0% 4 cl € 15,00

Bocchino Grappa Reserve 43,0% 4 cl € 15,00

PORT

Taylor’s 30 Year Old Tawny Port 6 cl € 15,00

Taylor’s 40 Year Old Tawny Port 6 cl € 20,00

Although it is not very long, I was surprised to see Ketel One on there as I am a vodka drinker and don't consider that very high end. However, Grey Goose and others are not on there so I assume they are included? There weren't any scotch choices on the list at all, so maybe they don't carry really high-end scotch? She was extremely fast to reply to me so you can probably ask specific questions if you want.

Unfortunately I misplaced the list sent to me from Uniworld but I do have a partial list of what will be included for No upcharge on the S.S. Maria Theresa: single malt scotch-Glenfiddich 12 years old, Glenmorangie 10 years, Oban 14 yo; beer: 3 varieties of Beck's, Erdinger wheat and NA, Gosser. sorry it's :oincomplete

Thanks for that list dbncsuvet, and jpalbny I look forward to your "man on the ground" (or river) direct report.

Hopefully my Fleischmann's Preferred Whisky won't be on the premium list! :D

Edited by No Spin

Hiccups, thanks for asking that question of Guy Young in the streaming chat. I had already asked two questions and I didn't want to push it!

For those that missed it hiccups asked what the premium spirits were on Uniworld. Here was the response -

We have a really good choice of included wines and spirits. Some of the ones that are not included but would be a part of our diamond selection would be for example: Hennesy XO for a cognac, Beluga Gold vodka, and Johnnie Walker Blue Label.

So that adds two more liquors not on dbncsuvet's list.

Hiccups, thanks for asking that question of Guy Young in the streaming chat. I had already asked two questions and I didn't want to push it!

For those that missed it hiccups asked what the premium spirits were on Uniworld. Here was the response -

We have a really good choice of included wines and spirits. Some of the ones that are not included but would be a part of our diamond selection would be for example: Hennesy XO for a cognac, Beluga Gold vodka, and Johnnie Walker Blue Label.

So that adds two more liquors not on dbncsuvet's list.

Hmmm... I didn't participate in the chat, so someone must have asked it for me! Good to know, regardless :)

Hmmmm, that is strange. Are you sure your better half didn't log in?

Here is a link to the chat (I hope it works). Your question is at 12:27 PM.

http://live.cruisecritic.com/Event/Cruise_Critic_Live_River_chat?et_cid=2079404&et_rid=154865128&et_referrer=Boards

Yes, I saw the chat, but neither of us logged in--we were both at work. I just assumed the moderator might have gathered some existing questions from the board.