Drinks Packages

susancelica

Hi all

Booked to go on MSC Magnifica out of Hamburg in 20 days time ( 3 nights to Southampton) have tried to book a drinks package for the last few months but was unable too. I know I should of rang them up but didn't get round to doing it. Can you book them at port or on board? I know there will be a 15% charge added

Also they have not given us a boarding time or luggage labels and no sign of them on the website. Ship sails at 18.30 any idea how much earlier you can get on board.

Our first cruise with MSC

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Forums mobile app

Edited by susancelica

Is there any reason you can't ring them up now? If you booked online, you can email the staff member who emailed you your confirmation. If you booked over the phone, ring up with your booking number, if you used a travel agent, you need to use them. You can book a drinks package at the cruise terminal before you board. Ken

Hi all

Booked to go on MSC Magnifica out of Hamburg in 20 days time ( 3 nights to Southampton) have tried to book a drinks package for the last few months but was unable too. I know I should of rang them up but didn't get round to doing it. Can you book them at port or on board? I know there will be a 15% charge added

Also they have not given us a boarding time or luggage labels and no sign of them on the website. Ship sails at 18.30 any idea how much earlier you can get on board.

Our first cruise with MSC

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Forums mobile app

More important than what time the ship sails is what time it arrives into port. MSC are keen to board as soon as they can but this will be after most of the disembarking guests are off.

I have been off late-ish more than once and had to pass the crowds heading the opposite direction. I would say aim to be on board for lunch. Your cabin may not be officially available until well after lunch but you can still dump your hand luggage there and start your cruise.

MSC have all sorts of IT issues which may have prevented you booking a drinks package online. Email or phone your contact at MSC - assuming you booked direct. If you booked via an agent you will need to contact the agent to sort out these issues.

There really is no need to pay the extra 15%. If the drinks package is available for your itinerary, you can pre-book it even if that requires pre-paying it too.

Ideally, pre-book and post-pay. This gives the 15% discount and earns MSC Club points for onboard expenditure. If you are forced to deal with a local office to pre-book, you will also have to pre-pay and miss out on the points.

Thanks for the replies Will ring them tomorrow not sure when dhip arrives as there's no cruise itinerary arriving that morning! Or few days before that maybe dry docking or refit?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Forums mobile app

Rang them up seems drinks package not available to buy on line but should be able to buy at port. He did try and book it for us but system wasn't having it. I did however find out how to get the e-ticket and luggage labels will find out arrival time on Marine Traffic app as she's in dry dock in Rotterdam now

Rang them up seems drinks package not available to buy on line but should be able to buy at port. He did try and book it for us but system wasn't having it. I did however find out how to get the e-ticket and luggage labels will find out arrival time on Marine Traffic app as she's in dry dock in Rotterdam now

I am sailing on MSC Orchestra on 14th Feb and also have had a problem trying to book Drinks Package on line. In end I phoned MSC London (with whom I booked direct) and the package was added to my booking but I then received a revised confirmation which has included the Drinks Package to be paid when settling the final invoice. I e-mailed to ask if this could be pre-booked and post paid thereby avoiding the 15% surcharge but still allowing me to have it added to on board account in order to get points for the MSC Club Card. I had an e-mail back to say only way to avoid paying 15% surcharge is to add it to the bill and pay up front when final balance is due. Decided the 15% saving was better than worrying about the extra points so have left the cost on the final invoice. Just wish MSC would make things clearer as regards their add on packages and also wish they would sort out their website and get the phones answered quicker (waited some 25 mins for someone to answer!!). Still I just so pleased to be going back to Dubai and doing this itinerary again - this time with my family who are based in Dubai.

Hope all your plans go well.

Suron (Suzanne in Bristol, UK)

I am sailing on MSC Orchestra on 14th Feb and also have had a problem trying to book Drinks Package on line. In end I phoned MSC London (with whom I booked direct) and the package was added to my booking but I then received a revised confirmation which has included the Drinks Package to be paid when settling the final invoice. I e-mailed to ask if this could be pre-booked and post paid thereby avoiding the 15% surcharge but still allowing me to have it added to on board account in order to get points for the MSC Club Card. I had an e-mail back to say only way to avoid paying 15% surcharge is to add it to the bill and pay up front when final balance is due. Decided the 15% saving was better than worrying about the extra points so have left the cost on the final invoice. Just wish MSC would make things clearer as regards their add on packages and also wish they would sort out their website and get the phones answered quicker (waited some 25 mins for someone to answer!!). Still I just so pleased to be going back to Dubai and doing this itinerary again - this time with my family who are based in Dubai.

Hope all your plans go well.

Suron (Suzanne in Bristol, UK)

To clarify, if you book with your local (couuntry) MSC office they act as a travel agent for MSC global, like any other tavel agent, take their commission and make you pay up front for any extras such as drink packages.

If you are fortunate enough to be able to add your extras online, these will instead be added to your online account. You still save 15% but have the twin advantages of being able to pay at the end of the cruise and gaining MSC Club points from the expenditure.

Effort therefore needs to be made to login to your booking from the MSC website - on board extras.

We had the same issue once again of not being able to book packages online for our cruise to Dubai in 5 weeks time, it has taken since the 1st of August with emails, facebook and finally a letter to the MD of the UK office in order for one of the MSC staff to resolve the issue.

Towards the end of last week we had a reply that we could now book online our drink and tour packages and we have, however you have to wonder if A) There was a problem with the website or B) They only make them available within 5 to 6 weeks of the sailing date!

When we were initially told to go back to our TA we were told that any drink packages booked pre cruise had to paid for with the final balance and club points are not gained although you do save the 15% service charge.

I booked a cruise on the Divina sailing 12th Nov in the Caribbean via the UK website. Not being a big drinker I tried to book drinks vouchers online on the website but it is a complete mess, when you select drinks packages it comes up with speciality restaurant options etc.

I tried every possible combination of logging in, all to no avail. Eventually phoned the number that is given (0203 426 3010) for planning your trip and managed to book what I wanted, they sent me an email with a link and password that access,s an invoice which you have to pay in advance

Checked on the web site and the vouchers have been added to my booking confirmation and e-ticket......success at last!!

I get to not pay the extra 15% if purchasing them on board :) but no points on my club card for on board purchases.:mad:

From reading the other posts there seems to be n different ways to book drinks packages......hope this helps others.

I Pre-Booked couple more packages and got a confirmation the next day. For one of my orders the rep even called me to confirm a couple details. You will save the 15% service fee by pre-booking, but you give up loyalty rewards towards MSC Club. You will need to make sure you pre-book at least 7 days before your cruise sail date.

Edited by faiz23

• 3 weeks later...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My TA has enquired about the drinks package and guess what?? Unless ALL of us purchase it, we won't be able to eat or dine together!!! There are 5 of us, I'm paying over the top for a balcony cabin, single occupancy and the others are sharing with their two children. MSC want us ALL to purchase the All Inclusive package at E26 per adult per day, and E12 per child per day, making a grand total of E714. I would be interested in doing it for myself, but I know that the others are not. So MSC are now wielding the hatchet with their threat. Makes me wonder if I've chosen wisely! Perhaps this is what I need to put me off alcohol FOREVER.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My TA has enquired about the drinks package and guess what?? Unless ALL of us purchase it, we won't be able to eat or dine together!!! There are 5 of us, I'm paying over the top for a balcony cabin, single occupancy and the others are sharing with their two children. MSC want us ALL to purchase the All Inclusive package at E26 per adult per day, and E12 per child per day, making a grand total of E714. I would be interested in doing it for myself, but I know that the others are not. So MSC are now wielding the hatchet with their threat. Makes me wonder if I've chosen wisely! Perhaps this is what I need to put me off alcohol FOREVER.

Other cruiselines do this too. It is to prevent one person buying it and supplying the rest of their family with drinks without paying for them. Costa have a similar policy. It's the old story, a few who abuse things cost the reta of us.

That said, there are ways around it. You can unlink your booking and buy it online and then speak to the Maître D' when you get onboard to get seated with the rest of your group. Or just buy it as an individual onboard. It will cost you an extra 15% but will still save you money. As the solo occupant of the cabin, they'll sell it to you. There is very unlikely to be an issue in the MDR. I've frequently been sat at a table when some of us have the package and some of us don't (we were not travelling together, MSC seated us together). The waiter just checks who has what and runs up a bill for those not on the package and gives those on the package a check to sign showing €0 as the total.

AmoMondo, many thanks for your prompt reply. I was so angry with MSC that I hadn't reasoned as to why the refusal to sell only one package. I've asked my TA to unlink my booking, as you suggested, and to purchase on my behalf. Interesting to see what happens! We're sailing on Armonia for Christmas. Thanks again.