Specific name of port where marina departs from in buenos aires

DrJW

In order for us to tell taxi where to drop us off for embarkation on boarding day..can anyone share the name [ and possibly address as well] of the port from where Marina embarks passengers?

Our packet just states: "Terminal de Passejeros"

Apparently there is more than one of those...

Is it Benito Quinquela Martin Passenger Terminal?

thank you

If the specific address of the Terminal that the Marina will use isn't printed in your blue booklet, it means that the Port Authority has not guaranteed her a particular berth as of yet.

Rather than relying on past history, which may or may not be repeated, I'd suggest that you arrange for your taxi without specifying a terminal and then send an email with the the correct location, once you are onboard.

With just one cruise out of Buenos Aires under our belt, I would still say that there is only one terminal for passengers. It has a large waiting hall. After being 'processed', we were picked up by a free shuttle bus that took us to the ship. It is a commercial port.

As far as I could glean from the terminal's name, it is also used by the ferries going to Uruguay.

If the specific address of the Terminal that the Marina will use isn't printed in your blue booklet, it means that the Port Authority has not guaranteed her a particular berth as of yet.

Rather than relying on past history, which may or may not be repeated, I'd suggest that you arrange for your taxi without specifying a terminal and then send an email with the the correct location, once you are onboard.

Kind of surprised by your second paragraph. The OP is Embarking meaning coming from the airport or hotel to the ship. Think you got confused between embarking vs disembarking. The OP needs to know in advance which port as he is going to the ship so will not be able to send an email once he is onboard?????:confused::confused:

In order for us to tell taxi where to drop us off for embarkation on boarding day..can anyone share the name [ and possibly address as well] of the port from where Marina embarks passengers?

Our packet just states: "Terminal de Passejeros"

Apparently there is more than one of those...

Is it Benito Quinquela Martin Passenger Terminal?

thank you

Try using this site to determine the specific area where the Marina will be docked http://www.cruiseportschedule.com/cruise-finder/index.html

There is also port information (and other interesting information) on this site http://www.southamericaportreviews.com/BuenosAires.htm .

Hope this helps :)

The Microcentro with its pedestrian street Ave Florida is not far. The modern marina - Puerto Madero - is near the area, has a nice walkway for a stroll. It's in walking distance to the Casa Rosada (president's office building) and Plaza de Mayo.

We walked everywhere in this area and also passed the Terminal, however, it seems to be unsafe the closer you get to the train station. Favela type buildings have gone up underneath the overpasses behind it. The inhabitants are said to make money by mugging. It helps to wear clothing that does not scream tourist with shorts and backpack.

I forgot to add that it is unwise to walk near the passenger terminal with suitcases - again a sign of wealth to those with criminal intent.

THe entire waterfront, heck most of the city is not a place to go strolling with street crime almost everywhere I went last year.

Of our port call 2 times, there many robberies of passengers... from street cons, to taxi drivers to even bus drivers on ships tours...

One passenger resting in front of the Rosada has his shoes stolen off his feet

From my observation , its best to get out of town and where as in many cities there is a bad part and a good part of town, here its all mixed together...

You will see when you get here... slums and bums everywhere due to the terrible economy....If you wear clothes and have shoes you will look rich!!!

I would not ship anything to the ship.... and expect it to arrive