rental vs shuttle transfers

viperrtblck

Found a shuttle to take 4 adults and a child from port Canaveral to Orlando airport for $90, but still searching for transportation from Orlando airport to a hotel, and then hotel to port during the day before the cruise. Pulled up some rental car places and looks like we could get a rental for much cheaper as any place I'm finding is a good $100 or more for transit from airport to cocoa beach area.

Concerns are...

1)how far is it once rental car is dropped off for us to get to port, do we need a taxi and additional cost or can we walk?

2)do rental cars have toll fees covered or do we need to pay the tolls ourselves as well as the port entrance fees?

Found a shuttle to take 4 adults and a child from port Canaveral to Orlando airport for $90, but still searching for transportation from Orlando airport to a hotel, and then hotel to port during the day before the cruise. Pulled up some rental car places and looks like we could get a rental for much cheaper as any place I'm finding is a good $100 or more for transit from airport to cocoa beach area.

Concerns are...

1)how far is it once rental car is dropped off for us to get to port, do we need a taxi and additional cost or can we walk?

2)do rental cars have toll fees covered or do we need to pay the tolls ourselves as well as the port entrance fees?

Most rental car companies have a shuttle to the port from Cocoa Beach.

The shuttle covers the cost of fees for the port .

It used to be that you paid in cash for your tolls to and from Port Canaveral. With new toll system that would be a question for the rental company.

Concerns are...

In terms of distance, too far to walk (except from Hertz to Country Inn/Residence Inn) but the rental offices are just minutes from the hotels and port by road. Here is a map to show all the locations. https://www.google.com/maps/@28.424564,-80.8451537,72363m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!6m1!1szH-7o_mJABR0.kguiZnGCjDj0

The toll is $1 + $1 = $2 each way for 2 axles and you can pay in cash. You can see the two toll booths on the map above. That's it for extra costs!

Edited by SteerageJoe

In terms of distance, too far to walk (except from Hertz to Country Inn/Residence Inn) but the rental offices are just minutes from the hotels and port by road. Here is a map to show all the locations. https://www.google.com/maps/@28.424564,-80.8451537,72363m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!6m1!1szH-7o_mJABR0.kguiZnGCjDj0

The toll is $1 + $1 = $2 each way for 2 axles and you can pay in cash. You can see the two toll booths on the map above. That's it for extra costs!

That seems easy enough. Example if I go with budget, I drop off at their location and then it appears they have a shuttle to take us to the port, which how would that work with port expenses when emtering, or are there none?

That seems easy enough. Example if I go with budget, I drop off at their location and then it appears they have a shuttle to take us to the port, which how would that work with port expenses when emtering, or are there none?

You drop the car at Budget, ride their shuttle to the port - there are no entrance fees for you (all of the car rental agency and other shuttles pay to service the port). Easy-peasy! :cool:

You drop the car at Budget, ride their shuttle to the port - there are no entrance fees for you (all of the car rental agency and other shuttles pay to service the port). Easy-peasy! :cool:

A question for you. We are arriving at Port Canaveral on the NCL Spirit on November 21st. (I don't know which pier we will be at). We want to rent a car from Budget for the day because our flight home is only around 7:00 p.m. Do you know if Budget would pick us up at the port or do we have to get a taxi to their office to get the rental car?

Also, do you have any suggestions of what to do for a few hours during the day? We are not interested in going to Disney (been there, done that). Thank you for any info.

A question for you. We are arriving at Port Canaveral on the NCL Spirit on November 21st. (I don't know which pier we will be at). We want to rent a car from Budget for the day because our flight home is only around 7:00 p.m. Do you know if Budget would pick us up at the port or do we have to get a taxi to their office to get the rental car?

Also, do you have any suggestions of what to do for a few hours during the day? We are not interested in going to Disney (been there, done that). Thank you for any info.

Yes they run shuttles back to office. Keep in mind you'll a reservation. Cars are in short supply when ships arrive.

You can go to the Kennedy Space Center. If not there is an aircraft museum with actual aircraft. There also is a Astronaut museum in Titusville.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Edited by Kamloops50