southampton car parking

We usually travel from Yorkshire to Southampton the day before our cruise, spend the night at an hotel & leave the car with them.

This September the cruise we are looking at (not booked yet) departs during the boat show, so very few Southampton hotel rooms left.

Who do you recommend for car parking?

We have used CPS in the past & been impressed with them, but for 17 nights they want £180. Which seems expensive to me. :eek:

Thanks

You could stay overnight at a hotel out of Southampton, like Winchester or the New Forest for instance. Or is it possible to drive down on the same day and leave home very early in the morning? The money you save on a hotel goes part way to CPS parking fee.

Yes CPS parking is expensive but I look at it this way - you've spent ££££ on a cruise, it's only once a year and for peace of mind, it's worth it.

Also, you're booking late so presumably will get a discounted fare. Money saved there.

Edited by Ray66

We were very pleased with the New Court part of the De Vere Group. It's 8 miles away but they organised ( and paid for) a taxi both ways. We had a super dinner in their restaurant and a pleasant walk round their grounds in the morning before joining the ship -- others used the swimming pool. With the dinner included we still made a significant saving on what the Portside parking cost would have been.

We were very pleased with the New Court part of the De Vere Group. It's 8 miles away but they organised ( and paid for) a taxi both ways. We had a super dinner in their restaurant and a pleasant walk round their grounds in the morning before joining the ship -- others used the swimming pool. With the dinner included we still made a significant saving on what the Portside parking cost would have been.

if you mean New Place that's where we normally stay. We stayed with them twice last year before our cruises. The food is wonderful.

But they are full for the date we would need.

Hi there

We're using just park (formerly Park on my drive) never used them before but about half the price of the other parking round the port. On the day we'll drive down from Derbyshire and drop the cases off at the port and then go and park and walk back to the port as its only 15 mins walk from the port.

The owners of each drive have reviews etc on the site for a bit more security and some will even drive you to the port if they are available or you could get a taxi. Not everyones cup of tea but an option :)

Or think it was abparking that do the celebrity port parking and with that there is no transfer as the car park is in the port.

Or purple parking do Meet n greet so collect your car from the port and deliver back there for you

Cheers

Nyree

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

We usually travel from Yorkshire to Southampton the day before our cruise, spend the night at an hotel & leave the car with them.

This September the cruise we are looking at (not booked yet) departs during the boat show, so very few Southampton hotel rooms left.

Who do you recommend for car parking?

We have used CPS in the past & been impressed with them, but for 17 nights they want £180. Which seems expensive to me. :eek:

Thanks

Problem with a high daily rate does focus the mind when considering more than a 7-day cruise. :(

Try http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/southampton-port-parking.html

Reputable company, secure compound, but they're the opposite side of Southampton Water so involves a 20-minute shuttlebus. The only complaints I'm aware of are the occasional grumble about waiting for the shuttle.

Or consider the parkatmyhouse and parkinmydrive websites.

I've heard good reports about the Parking4Cruises meet-and-greet service, but generally I fight shy of such arrangements - Southampton has its share of cowboy operators.

In-town hotel parking is likely to be fully-booked because of the Boat Show, and Hol Inn's parking is in the show.

For out-of-town hotels do check transfers both ways because of the cost, and be aware that food & drink at those hotels tend to be expensive. But the unavailability of New Place may be symptomatic of the boat show timing.

Mebbe a hotel somewhere beyond boat-show commuting range (20 minutes?) but close to a direct rail station. New Forest? Salisbury? Winchester? Fareham?

All have excellent direct rail links.

JB :)

Yes, I have suggested the Holiday Inn just north of Winchester on the OP's other thread. I haven't compared their rates for this cruise parking and transfer deal, but I live quite near to this hotel and can vouch for its quick and speedy access to the motorway and to the port.

http://www.hiwinchester.co.uk/park-cruise-rates

Edited by Scriv

if you mean New Place that's where we normally stay. We stayed with them twice last year before our cruises. The food is wonderful.

But they are full for the date we would need.

Rooms appeared for New Place, this week, on their web site. so I rang the hotel direct today, asking about the cruise package. They rang back tonight & we've booked the package.

SO pleased :) :) :)

Again many thanks for all your help

Edited by fue-fue