What Time to Book PH Tickets?

ORV

We are disembarking on a Monday morning, Sept 19 and have a rental car booked at the airport. I have a driver picking us up at 8:30am to take us to the rental car area at the airport.

My question is how much time is it going to take for us to get to the airport, pick up our rental car, drive to Pearl Harbor, park and then make our reserved time?

If I remember right from the last time we went there you had to pick up your tickets at least an hour before your reserved spot or they were released back. Is this still the case?

I realize there are variables involved here such as how long it takes at the car rental place, traffic, getting lost, finding a parking spot etc. Just looking for a safe time range from those that have done this recently.

To be on the safe side, I've booked online for noon, got there early, and managed to enter before my allocated time.

First they let in the ones booked for the specific hour, count them, and if they have places, there is a "waiting" area line.

People also arrived without a reservation and managed to get in.:)

We are disembarking on a Monday morning, Sept 19 and have a rental car booked at the airport. I have a driver picking us up at 8:30am to take us to the rental car area at the airport.

My question is how much time is it going to take for us to get to the airport, pick up our rental car, drive to Pearl Harbor, park and then make our reserved time?

If I remember right from the last time we went there you had to pick up your tickets at least an hour before your reserved spot or they were released back. Is this still the case?

I realize there are variables involved here such as how long it takes at the car rental place, traffic, getting lost, finding a parking spot etc. Just looking for a safe time range from those that have done this recently.

Yes, you do have to be there at least 1 hour ahead of your reserved time. I'd go with the suggestion made by the other poster. No need in stressing yourself out. Honolulu traffic can be terrible. It's about 30 minutes from the pier to the airport rental area. Add another 30 minutes to get the car and get loaded. I think PH is pretty close to the airport, but have a good map or instructions. The freeways in that area are really confusing. I'd allow plenty of time from car rental to PH even though it might be a 10 min drive, just guessing.

Not big on museums, but I found the museum at PH to be fascinating. There's also an outdoor area to buy sandwiches, etc.

Thanks all for the quick answers.

The last time we ate at a restaurant close by that overlooked the water. We were also able to park our car in the lot there while going to the Arizona. I wish I could remember the name of it. I'll have to go back through some old pictures to see if I can figure it out.

If you are over-nighting in Honolulu, I might suggest making a reservation for later in the day, when PH becomes more peaceful. Possibly enjoy the Iolani Palace and/or a nice lunch before heading out to PH. We love the peace and serenity that takes over PH in the late afternoon. JMO Cherie P.S. otherwise I agree with those who suggest 11:30 or noon for tickets.

If you are over-nighting in Honolulu, I might suggest making a reservation for later in the day, when PH becomes more peaceful. Possibly enjoy the Iolani Palace and/or a nice lunch before heading out to PH. We love the peace and serenity that takes over PH in the late afternoon. JMO Cherie P.S. otherwise I agree with those who suggest 11:30 or noon for tickets.

We've got an 8pm flight but our friends with us have a 5:40 flight so we will be taking them to the airport around 2:30 or 3.

We've got an 8pm flight but our friends with us have a 5:40 flight so we will be taking them to the airport around 2:30 or 3.

Hopefully you will get tickets for the time you want, we have never had a problem. And, if you get tickets for 11:30 or noon and get to PH early, you can see some of the other exhibits before your Arizona tour and then not be rushed to get to the airport.

And, since you have been to Oahu before, you may not want this suggestion, but last year we made our first visit to the La Mariana Sailing Club when we had 3 hours before our flight. It would be easy for you to get to after dropping your friends off and then returning your car. I was not overwhelmed with the food but it was a fun place. My preference would be dining while looking at the ocean and Diamond Head but sometimes there is just not enough time. Have a great trip. Cherie

Edited by cccole

Thanks for the answers and suggestions. We're thinking about just going to the Admirals Club at HNL, but your idea sounds good also. I'm assuming it's close to the airport.