how many ships at port?

schevel

Anybody know how crazy st. thomas and st. martin will be with 8 ships in port at the same time? Already booked excursion for st. thomas, planned on no excursions in st. martin and doing a beach day, any advice would greatly be appreciated.. We will have a 14 year old with us, and have never been to st. martin. Not sure where to go. Wife is hesitant on venturing out on our own very far.

Your 14 year old might like a stop at Maho Beach - right at the end of the airport runway, where incoming 747's will be just a few feet over your heads before touching down.

Taxis are reasonably priced and plentiful - you could probably get a rental car for the day for $50 +\- right at the cruise terminal if you wanted to plan your own tour.

I use the official Port of St. Maarten website.

Looks light eight, at this time.

02-04 Thu 07:00 - 17:00 COSTA LUMINOSA

02-04 Thu 07:00 - 18:00 REGAL PRINCESS

02-04 Thu 07:00 - 20:00 STAR FLYER CPS-NE

02-04 Thu 08:00 - 15:00 NOORDAM

02-04 Thu 08:00 - 17:00 COSTA MEDITERRANEA

02-04 Thu 08:00 - 17:00 ALLURE OF THE SEAS

02-04 Thu 08:00 - 17:00 CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE

02-04 Thu 08:00 - 17:00 NORWEGIAN GEM

I would be really surprised if you could find a rental car for $50, especially in April, and especially on a day when there are eight ships in port.

gary

Anybody know how crazy st. thomas and st. martin will be with 8 ships in port at the same time? Already booked excursion for st. thomas, planned on no excursions in st. martin and doing a beach day, any advice would greatly be appreciated.. We will have a 14 year old with us, and have never been to st. martin. Not sure where to go. Wife is hesitant on venturing out on our own very far.

I understand how crazy it will be with all those ships in each port, these island are used to having a lot of ships in port. I also understand how your wife feels about venturing out especially when you have not been to the island. I also like to get a feel for an island that I never been to by taking an excursion. A suggestion would be which we and many others on cruise critic have done quite often is to take a tour with Bernards tour. His tour #2 will give you both the beach (Orient) and Maho Beach to see the planes. There are many positive comments on Bernards tours on this forum and are highly recommended on TripAdvisor.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2076698

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147346-d1840452-Reviews-Bernard_s_Tours-St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

I use the official Port of St. Maarten website.

Looks light eight, at this time.

02-04 Thu 07:00 - 17:00 COSTA LUMINOSA

02-04 Thu 07:00 - 18:00 REGAL PRINCESS

02-04 Thu 07:00 - 20:00 STAR FLYER CPS-NE

02-04 Thu 08:00 - 15:00 NOORDAM

02-04 Thu 08:00 - 17:00 COSTA MEDITERRANEA

02-04 Thu 08:00 - 17:00 ALLURE OF THE SEAS

02-04 Thu 08:00 - 17:00 CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE

02-04 Thu 08:00 - 17:00 NORWEGIAN GEM

I would be really surprised if you could find a rental car for $50, especially in April, and especially on a day when there are eight ships in port.

gary

I just checked - Coastal would reserve a car for April 2 for estimated $46 - all in,

Avis would be about $56. It would be a good idea to reserve in advance and pick up car early, as demand would be high that day, and I doubt they would hold a reservation past 9:30-10:00.

I just checked - Coastal would reserve a car for April 2 for estimated $46 - all in,

Avis would be about $56. It would be a good idea to reserve in advance and pick up car early, as demand would be high that day, and I doubt they would hold a reservation past 9:30-10:00.

Wow I paid $94 on two occasions with Hertz with 6 or so shops in port a couple of years ago. Perhaps there are more car agencies by the pier or more cars available.

Have to ask. Are the Caribbean cruises selling well this year?