Taking Forever

ddbaab53

So as we have gotten older and more aches and pains we have been taking out cruise insurance just to be on the safe side. Well we are suppose to be cruising today but had to cancel because my hubby had to have major back surgery. We have been getting the Insure my Trip Insurance which covers things like this. We received our refund from Carnival with no problems and filed a claim for the balance since we had a penalty. The claim was filed back on Feb. 17th as soon as we knew we had to cancel. Everything was sent in or so we thought but they came back and said they needed copies of how payments were made. It took them until 4/7/16 to request this and when I go on line nothing else has been done to get us our refund. This is almost 2 months after filing a claim!!! This is not acceptable and I will find another insurance company to use. If you are thinking about trip insurance I would not recommend them!!!

Sorry for the problems you are having with your claims. We purchase our insurance thru tripinsurancestore.com and our experience has always been positive. If there are problems with a claim or you need help submitting it, they are there to help you every step of the way.

Good luck and hope you get your refund soon.

We have been getting the Insure my Trip Insurance which covers things like this. QUOTE]

So Confused

There is no travel insurance company that writes and sells travel insurance policies called "Insure My Trip".

There is a brokerage firm (InsureMyTrip.com) that compares and sells policies from various insurance providers like Travel Guard, Alliantz, CSA, etc.

So what policy do you actually have?

Also, what rights do you have as a citizen of Georgia under Georgia's State Insurance Commission laws?

Edited by klfrodo

We have been getting the Insure my Trip Insurance which covers things like this. QUOTE]

So Confused

There is no travel insurance company that writes and sells travel insurance policies called "Insure My Trip".

There is a brokerage firm (InsureMyTrip.com) that compares and sells policies from various insurance providers like Travel Guard, Alliantz, CSA, etc.

So what policy do you actually have?

Also, what rights do you have as a citizen of Georgia under Georgia's State Insurance Commission laws?

klfrodo is correct about how this works.

You probably purchased your travel insurance policy from insure my trip, but they probably sell quite a variety of policies from many insurers.

You need to check your exact policy to see who you should be dealing with.

Did you really submit your claims to insure my trip? If so, that's adding an extra middle-person/company, which would slow things down.

Or did you file the claim with the actual insurance company?

If so, won't insure my trip help you?

We always purchase from a different broker,

http://www.TripInsuranceStore.com

They are also a broker, but they've narrowed down the number of insurance companies they deal with so they include those who are known (in general) to pay without weird problems/delays.

We've gotten some helpful advice from them prior to filing our claims thus far.

The bottom line is yes, IF necessary, tell the insurance company that IF necessary, you'll escalate this to the state insurance commission. That should get their attention.

So would a copy of a letter really sent to the insurance commission!

Good luck.

Please follow up on your claim. Call your insurance company or talk to someone on the website who can direct you to the right person.

And make sure your claim was actually received by the insurer. Most companies send out a claim number for you to refer to right after receiving your claim.

Good luck and be persistent!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is Insure my trip dot com and they are a brokerage company that sells for other companies. The company the insurance is through is Travel Safe and that is who we submitted the claim too. We have never filed a claim before so this is very frustrating. The only thing I did not submit right away were copies of the gift cards we used to purchase the cruise and the charges that went along with the cards. They have everything needed, have verified with the cruise line and so our claim should not be being delayed.

I have been following the claim status on line and we have called several times to check on the delay. The other day I was told the delay was due to all the recent attacks and cancellations that resulted.

Sorry if I confused anyone but I got in trouble one time for posting a web address and am trying not to make the same mistake.

Travel Safe is known for taking a long time to process claims. Just keep following up with them. Call at least once a week, preferably twice a week, until they pay up. Doesn't matter the size of the claim, they just take a very long time.

I won't use them because of how long they take, but the broker at tripinsurancestore.com still sells their policies because he says he has never had a valid claim denied.

It is Insure my trip dot com and they are a brokerage company that sells for other companies. The company the insurance is through is Travel Safe and that is who we submitted the claim too. We have never filed a claim before so this is very frustrating. The only thing I did not submit right away were copies of the gift cards we used to purchase the cruise and the charges that went along with the cards. They have everything needed, have verified with the cruise line and so our claim should not be being delayed.

I have been following the claim status on line and we have called several times to check on the delay. The other day I was told the delay was due to all the recent attacks and cancellations that resulted.

Sorry if I confused anyone but I got in trouble one time for posting a web address and am trying not to make the same mistake.

Travel Safe is known for taking a long time to process claims. Just keep following up with them. Call at least once a week, preferably twice a week, until they pay up. Doesn't matter the size of the claim, they just take a very long time.

I won't use them because of how long they take, but the broker at tripinsurancestore.com still sells their policies because he says he has never had a valid claim denied.

We have used Insured my trip for almost all of our cruises. And we have been very pleased.

Like cherylandtk said Travel Safe is known for taking a long time to process claims. They use TripMate to process their claims. On one of our cruises I purchased Travel Safe then came on here and read about their slow processing of claims and called Insure My Trip and cancelled that policy and got my money back. I was still within the 14 review period. I then purchased a Travel Insured policy. My policies have been Travel Insured, Travelex, and CSA all of which do not use TripMate.

:rolleyes: Still Waiting!!!!!!!

Not good!

Have you asked InsureMyTrip to intervene on your behalf?

After all, their reputation is at stake here a bit, too.

One reason we've continued to use http://www.TripInsuranceStore.com is that IF needed (and it rarely is), Steve will give the insurer a call to find out what's up.

(In our case, it's never been to "get it paid", but instead, to inquire just how the claim would be covered, under which terms of the policy, for something that wasn't a typical situation. That helped a lot. In fact, when I contacted Steve, we had almost assumed that he'd say the situation was unfortunately somethng that wasn't covered. It was covered :))

Not good!

Have you asked InsureMyTrip to intervene on your behalf?

After all, their reputation is at stake here a bit, too.

One reason we've continued to use http://www.TripInsuranceStore.com is that IF needed (and it rarely is), Steve will give the insurer a call to find out what's up.

(In our case, it's never been to "get it paid", but instead, to inquire just how the claim would be covered, under which terms of the policy, for something that wasn't a typical situation. That helped a lot. In fact, when I contacted Steve, we had almost assumed that he'd say the situation was unfortunately somethng that wasn't covered. It was covered :))

Called them yesterday afternoon and they took the information. Someone from there is suppose to call me on Monday and see what they can do about getting the ball moving. Was not happy at all that so much time has gone by and they have not closed the claim yet.

Shop the broker/aggregator websites like InsureMyTrip or others for comparison purposes, but buy direct from the travel insurance provider.

Service is better if you are a direct customer, no delays, and no having to enlist others to advocate for you. Too many parties involved also increases the cost of distribution for the consumer.

Shop the broker/aggregator websites like InsureMyTrip or others for comparison purposes, but buy direct from the travel insurance provider.

Service is better if you are a direct customer, no delays, and no having to enlist others to advocate for you. Too many parties involved also increases the cost of distribution for the consumer.

There is no *need* to involve the broker!

But it's nice to know there is an advocate *IF* there is any untoward problem, which apparently does occur sometimes.

And there is *not* any increased cost to purchase from a broker. Same price for the same policy; the insurer pays the broker a commission, not the customer.

Our policies from Travel Insured, through TripInsuranceStore.com come to us directly from Travel Insured,

Finally got a call yesterday after I called once again to check on the status of our claim a have been informed that our checks are being processed. Finally, YEA!!!!!!

Oh and by the way the broker never did call me on Monday or Tuesday as they said they would.

TravelSafe (as do all of the travel insurers) has the following on their web site. No claim should be submitted without first confirming what will be needed:

"Pre-Departure Trip Cancellation

1) Payment Information - a copy of your trip itinerary and copies of all invoices, credit card statements and canceled checks evidencing your payment for the trip.

2) Refund Information - original unused non-refundable tickets; copies of invoices, credit card statements or other written documentation substantiating the non-refundable costs for your trip (retain originals for your records); and a copy of the travel supplier's literature that details the cancellation terms and conditions (i.e. penalties accessed when a trip is canceled). All refundable airline tickets should be sent to the issuing party for the appropriate refund. Submitting refundable airline tickets to our office may delay your claim.

3) Cause of Your Trip Cancellation - any documentation substantiating the reason you canceled your trip (i.e. such as a death certificate in the event death; for a sickness or injury, signed Attending Physician Statement and Authorization for Release of Information forms which are included with your claim form)."

As you can see, copies of the payment information is #1 on their list of required items, even before the doctor's information. Always check to make sure everything is included otherwise the claim will sit on soneone's desk until it's complete. Can't find this info online? Call them.

I submitted everything they needed. Was told the reason it took so long was because of all the attacks and the Zika virius causing so many cancellations.

Thanks for the info though.

Sorry, I thought this was the problem: " Everything was sent in or so we thought but they came back and said they needed copies of how payments were made."

Edited by cruiseco

Sorry, I thought this was the problem: " Everything was sent in or so we thought but they came back and said they needed copies of how payments were made."

No problem , you may have helped someone else. :D

Finally received our checks today!!!! Thanks for the help everyone.:D

Good news!

Thanks for updating us.

Sometimes, we hear all of the complaining, but not if the "problem" was resolved.

Still... that was more aggravation than necessary...

(Do speak with http://www.TripInsuranceStore.com next time. And IF there is any problem or question, involve them right away. They have incredible patience with all sorts of questions, too!)