so the AIBP is now the premier package

Yep, they really rub it in, Sip and sail, price reductions, mammoth OBC.:evilsmile:

yeah thats what annoys me they go on about they use all there OBC to pay there gratuities, yet when i went over there on a cruise i got $0 OBC and yet there quick to be telling everybody to dig deep for tips.

yeah thats what annoys me they go on about they use all there OBC to pay there gratuities, yet when i went over there on a cruise i got $0 OBC and yet there quick to be telling everybody to dig deep for tips.

Yep you often hear some North Americans on CC 'boasting their auto tips were paid by their T/A or they had that much OBC they paid their auto tips and shorex with it. Of course then they throw the cash tips around like confetti and therein lies the problem, service crew expect double whammy from all nationalities....Wrong !!:evilsmile:

If you go to Princess section of CC 'Gratuities' thread, it is WW3. But what's new?...Mr Gut is in the trenches fighting for the Commonwealth.

Edited by NSWP

Do you think the fares could be cheaper because there are more passengers on board than there used to be?

I must admit I was shocked when I learnt that ships had a alcohol target to try to meet.

There is a myriad of reasons but yes, there is a certain economy of scale that the larger ships can get compared to smaller ships. Another factor is cutting back on the staff to pax ratio.

LOL, :D

Normally I would agree but apparently I have matured (since last week) and also I have run out of popcorn due to FB and the postal vote.;p

Hmm over that postal vote, thank the lord I don't have FB it's bad enough the constant text messages we keep getting reminding us HOW we Should vote. Wish I was cruising at least there is no phone/internet/tv coverage.

Anyway back to the important stuff, damn you Princess our booze is getting too expensive :mad:

Hmm over that postal vote, thank the lord I don't have FB it's bad enough the constant text messages we keep getting reminding us HOW we Should vote. Wish I was cruising at least there is no phone/internet/tv coverage.

Anyway back to the important stuff, damn you Princess our booze is getting too expensive :mad:

Perhaps we should check the Princess Patter and attend the 'Friends of Bill W' meetings. Send Princess broke, certainly impact on the Food & Beverage Manager's alcohol sales targets:evilsmile:)

No offence meant re those who do attend 'Friends of Bill W.':( A very good cause.

LOL, :D

Normally I would agree but apparently I have matured (since last week) and also I have run out of popcorn due to FB and the postal vote.;p

Talking about popcorn. Next revenue earner for Princess will be charging pax an admission charge for MUTS, charge for popcorn, charge for deckchair and charge for blanket. What else? :evilsmile: What a great rumour.

Talking about popcorn. Next revenue earner for Princess will be charging pax an admission charge for MUTS, charge for popcorn, charge for deckchair and charge for blanket. What else? :evilsmile: What a great rumour.

OMG--have you heard???? Princess is going to start charging for popcorn and blankets for MUTS!!! What are we going to DO??? I think I will have to stop cruising on Princess, this is too much.

:D:D:D

ML

OMG--have you heard???? Princess is going to start charging for popcorn and blankets for MUTS!!! What are we going to DO??? I think I will have to stop cruising on Princess, this is too much.

:D:D:D

ML

You had better believe it, charge does not apply to us Princess Captains Circle Elite pax.:halo: lol. The rest can dig deep - user pay.:evilsmile:

You had better believe it, charge does not apply to us Princess Captains Circle Elite pax.:halo: lol. The rest can dig deep - user pay.:evilsmile:

So unfair, elites just take everything. I don't think cruising is good for us anymore. We are working stiffs who carefully plan our cruise, but you elites suck up all the benefits :evilsmile:

I think what most Aussies are missing on this price increase is that in fact they were getting a hack of a deal with their old price! We are from Canada and our CDN dollar is worth about the same as AUS dollar but both are much less the US dollar. We sailed this past February in Australia and if we had bought the Drink package on board it was 59.00 AUS which would have been the same in CDN funds. But if we were sailing in the Caribbean at the same time the package would have been 59.00 USD which would have been 76.70 CDN. Princess is an American company and sets their prices in US dollars and then converts to the countries currency. It is not Princess's fault that CDN dollar or AUS dollar is less than the American dollar and us Canadians or Aussies have to pay more than the American price. I'm not saying that Aussies drink more than American or Canadians but what we did see on our February cruise was that a lot more passengers on the Australia cruise had purchased the drink package than we had ever seen on our Caribbean cruises. I thought this was due to the great price it was on the Aussie ship. If I look to purchase the drink package today on either a Caribbean cruise or Australian cruise the price is the same to me in Canadian funds. This was not the case last February. The Australia price was much cheaper. Princess has not penalized the Aussies they have just aligned the price for everyone.

Agreed. We were getting a great deal for so long - yet oddly so many don't acknowledge it as is often the case.

I also agree. We had the cheapest drinks package in our region, if not world wide. It hasn't surprised me that it has gone up but what did surprise me was the amount of the price hike. I think Princess was a bit stupid raising it by that amount. Smaller increases over a couple of years would have been smarter.

I think Princess will lose customers to Celebrity and other lines because of this. We've been cruising on Celebrity for NZ cruises because they had more choice of one way cruises ( Auckland to Sydney) at the time we booked our first cruise with them.

We have another Celebrity cruise booked for 2019 - a balcony cabin with the drinks package perk plus OBC. I looked at the Majestic prices when Princess released their 2019 itineraries and Majestic was quite a bit more expensive then, taking into account the cost of a drinks package at the old price. It wouldn't even be in the same ballpark with the new drinks package pricing.

I also agree. We had the cheapest drinks package in our region, if not world wide. It hasn't surprised me that it has gone up but what did surprise me was the amount of the price hike. I think Princess was a bit stupid raising it by that amount. Smaller increases over a couple of years would have been smarter.

I think Princess will lose customers to Celebrity and other lines because of this. We've been cruising on Celebrity for NZ cruises because they had more choice of one way cruises ( Auckland to Sydney) at the time we booked our first cruise with them.

We have another Celebrity cruise booked for 2019 - a balcony cabin with the drinks package perk plus OBC. I looked at the Majestic prices when Princess released their 2019 itineraries and Majestic was quite a bit more expensive then, taking into account the cost of a drinks package at the old price. It wouldn't even be in the same ballpark with the new drinks package pricing.

when we booked for the sept majestic cruise to fiji it was $1899pp + package at old rate total $5216, same if booked today will cost $7087 can go and stay in bali for 3 months at that price.

P&O are no better for Australian cruises. Their premium beverage package is $89AU per day down to $79AU per day if pre purchased and the P&O package does not include specialty coffees.

I never buy the drinks package as I would never drink that much. I have a 2 for one at 1500 and a glass of wine for dinner. If you are platinum you can go to deck 17 between 1700 and 1900 for cheaper drinks and nice cheese and biscuits etc.

As for the stupid plebiscite we have voted for what it's worth

I never buy the drinks package as I would never drink that much. I have a 2 for one at 1500 and a glass of wine for dinner. If you are platinum you can go to deck 17 between 1700 and 1900 for cheaper drinks and nice cheese and biscuits etc.

As for the stupid plebiscite we have voted for what it's worth

according to chezandy on the golden right now this is now not being offered.

Hi guys still on the Golden haha.,...still no buy 1 get one for $1...... they had a pub lunch in the dining room today apparently, not a sea day as we are at Mystery isle.

Hand wash station before entering buffet which is great.

Tendering for suite/elite was from Crown grill and they had tea coffee pastries which is new for us....never done it that way before.

Lots of little changes, some good some not so good?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Hi guys still on the Golden haha.,...still no buy 1 get one for $1...... they had a pub lunch in the dining room today apparently, not a sea day as we are at Mystery isle.

Hand wash station before entering buffet which is great.

Tendering for suite/elite was from Crown grill and they had tea coffee pastries which is new for us....never done it that way before.

Lots of little changes, some good some not so good?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Thanks Chez. Re BOGO $1, I have been fishing around on Princess section of CC, it appears most of the 'American Princess ships still have BOGO $1. Discrimination in my book, like we get no 'Sip and sail and' on some Aussie ships no Suite/Elite lounge for pre dinner drinks. :evilsmile:

Continue to enjoy your adventure and don't get sunstroke, keep your fluids up.:cool:

So unfair, elites just take everything. I don't think cruising is good for us anymore. We are working stiffs who carefully plan our cruise, but you elites suck up all the benefits :evilsmile:

Just to rub it in, the complimentary laundry, shoe shine and internet is good too and the canapes and priority tendering/embarkation.:mad:

But then again, I think I have donated over a AUD$150,000 to the Princess coffers.:o:loudcry: Yes, I am a retiree.:eek: Don't cry too much, your time will come. Happy cruising.