How cold will it be in October in Melbourne and Adelaide ?

angelwingsflys

Hi Everyone ,

Just wondering how many sets of warm clothes to pack for my upcoming cruise ,end of October and early November.

My thoughts are that by layering,I should be ok:) . jacket and maybe a long sleeved jumper:) would that be enough ? or should I pack more winter clothes?

Cheers Deb

Hi Everyone ,

Just wondering how many sets of warm clothes to pack for my upcoming cruise ,end of October and early November.

My thoughts are that by layering,I should be ok:) . jacket and maybe a long sleeved jumper:) would that be enough ? or should I pack more winter clothes?

Cheers Deb

You should be fine with that.

Temp high about 20-25 c but you might get some cold ones f you are unlucky, but as you are from Port I doubt you'll get anything you think is hot.

Wont be cold at all in Melbourne as that is Spring . Expect generally fine weather temperature range 22 - 30 degrees celsius . Ideal weather .

Really? I can recall a number of unexpectedly cold days (less than 15C) in Melbourne in spring and summer. I've learnt to pack everything from bathers to a polar fleece when going to Melbourne, regardless of the time of year. :D

You can go to

http://www.wunderground.com

and check for the very specific weather history on many of the key towns in the world for their past temperatures in that specific area for a date in the past. Just look lower left in the page for weather history area, put in your exact dates and the year prior. You will then see what last year was like, along with recent highs and lows for that date there.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 80,096 views for this fun posting.

angel

use our friends the bom!

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/

IME take layers….

in 1991 it openly reach 8c in Melbourne and that was a day in January… the preceding week had all been high 30s.

When the winds come off the southern ocean you know about it. Conversely when the winds come in from the red centre you do too.