Comparing Apples and Oranges here.....& Poll

kcdancerkc

but for anyone doing a bahamas trip - carnival vs NCL - which do you prefer and why?

POLL: If somebody wore carnival gear on an NCL ship - just a hat or jeweled tank top --

do you think:

A: No server or employee would care and just be happy with a tip and a thanks

B: NCL employees would take offense and give you lesser-than serivce?

C: NCL employess would out-do themselves to prove their product is superior in the corporate world?

C: Other -- or your own

I have $$$$$ riding on this with spouse - please help LOLOLOL can't wait to win!

Another vote for "A."

As far as which line? NCL hands down! We've sailed Carnival before. And, it was a good time. I think all the lines do well. But, NCL has the upper hand when it comes to service and amenities. Definitely more bang for your buck!

Cruise line employee : passenger wearing another cruise line's logo ::

McDonald's employee : customer holding Burger King cup.

Which is to say neither employee will probably notice, and they won't care one bit if they do.

I think it is a virtual certainty that employees of any cruise line would not care in the least with regards to what passengers are wearing provided it does not violate rules (like males going shirtless in public places that are not the pool area/spa area/sun bathing area, etc).

I see your point about choosing "A" but...

This is what I relate it to. At my college I see some people wearing shirts for other colleges and I can't help but think... "WHY"... your hear support your college. If you like that one so much then dont go here. Same thing for the cruise in my opinion. What ever you wear you are endorsing. Its like a republican wearing a democrat shirts. If you are undecided then dont show favoritism OR... wear the shirt for the cruise you were on.

This is what I relate it to. At my college I see some people wearing shirts for other colleges and I can't help but think... "WHY"... your hear support your college. If you like that one so much then dont go here. Same thing for the cruise in my opinion. What ever you wear you are endorsing. Its like a republican wearing a democrat shirts. If you are undecided then dont show favoritism OR... wear the shirt for the cruise you were on.

For the most part, cruise line employees don't give two sh**s about the cruise line they work for. They're treated like slaves for relatively low wages while living in cramped, uncomfortable quarters for months on end. Only because doing so is slightly better than any available opportunity in their home countries. It's not a career like medicine or law or engineering. And it's not like spending 4 years at a university. Cruise line employees aren't in it because they have some sort of inherent pride in providing good customer service. They're in it because it's the best way for them to provide for themselves and their families.

Do they want to keep their jobs? Yes.

Do they typically have a modest sense of pride in performing their assigned, menial duties well? Probably.

Do they go to sleep at night with a smile on their face thinking, "Wow, it felt so good to bring that fat American her fifth daiquiri in record time today. I really went the extra mile. We're so much better than those other cruise lines. They suck!" Hell no. Kenneth the page is a fictional character from 30 Rock, he does not exist in real life and especially not on cruise ships.

but for anyone doing a bahamas trip - carnival vs NCL - which do you prefer and why?

POLL: If somebody wore carnival gear on an NCL ship - just a hat or jeweled tank top --

do you think:

A: No server or employee would care and just be happy with a tip and a thanks

B: NCL employees would take offense and give you lesser-than serivce?

C: NCL employess would out-do themselves to prove their product is superior in the corporate world?

C: Other -- or your own

I have $$$$$ riding on this with spouse - please help LOLOLOL can't wait to win!

wearing just a hat? i think everyone would care and start breaking out the $1 bills. hehehehe

ok seriously...i choose "A". i mean what would be the big deal?

i hear you on the college tshirt thing...it's worse on football saturdays, right? hehehehheh. however, it really isn't a big deal in my opinion. then came the year VaTech suffered a great tragedy. We took our shirts with our logo, but changed them to Hokie colors to show support.

Nobody cares or notices. Been cruisin' for about 25 years, I usually wear my Royal Caribbean baseball cap, no one's said anything on any line. I also have several t-shirts from different lines I wear that I've gotten from the fitness program points - nobody's ever said anything about those either.

A for certain. I have seen people on every cruise wearing other lines gear they have collected over the years. Nobody cares as long as they are onboard spending money.

I will be on my first RCCL cruise ths summer after 30+ NCL cruises. I will most likely have something from my NCL wardrobe on everyday.

A.

Also, I've done the Bahamas itinerary on NCL and Carnival and I would choose NCL every single time. But it's really a matter of personal opinion. We felt there were way too many kids on Carnival ( we didn't have any children). And eveything seemed geared towards families/kids. This was many yrs ago though and was just our experience. You may be looking for exactly that type of vacation.

Either way, enjoy!

A.

I don't think they'd care.

You can be sure they don't. ;)

A- all they care about at that moment is that they have your money now, and that you'll cruise with them again so they can keep their job.

Bingo. :p

Archived