New to RCI

We're long time loyal Princess cruisers. But, after an absolutely horrible B2B with Princess we decided to try a different line. We booked the Allure for August. Ages will range from 9-58. Any suggestions, tips, tricks or secrets you may have, please share. After sailing with Princess for so many years, RCI looks foreign and we have no idea where to start!

TIA

Edited by gatorgirl1971

Having sailed with Princess, I think you will find their rooms larger. room size & balcony size are figured separately. I can't speak for the Allure having not sailed her yet. We have found Royal a much better fit for us. Try not to board to compare but to begin a new journey and enjoy what the Allure & crew offer and am sure you will have an enjoyable cruise.:) Royal unlike Princess, does not have laundry facilities so you can do your own washing.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We prefer RCCL over Princess also, found many of the Princess ships too crowded in common areas, never felt crowded on any of the RCCL ships , but also have not done Allure yet, I think you will love all the features of the ship and the entertainment

Thank you so much for the responses so far! Please keep them coming. We've only ever sailed with Princess so this is a whole new experience for us. It actually feels like we did preparing for our very first cruise. Our sail date is August 7, 2016. We'll be celebrating our son's sweet sixteen birthday.

Looking over the beverage packages, they certainly seem to be the way to go. One question regarding the "replenish package"; it states that it includes premium coffee & tea. I noticed there's a Starbucks onboard so I was wondering if their coffee & teas were included, or are there different premium ones elsewhere?

Thanks again everyone!

Edited by gatorgirl1971

Thank you so much for the responses so far! Please keep them coming. We've only ever sailed with Princess so this is a whole new experience for us. It actually feels like we did preparing for our very first cruise. Our sail date is August 7, 2016. We'll be celebrating our son's sweet sixteen birthday.

Looking over the beverage packages, they certainly seem to be the way to go. One question regarding the "replenish package"; it states that it includes premium coffee & tea. I noticed there's a Starbucks onboard so I was wondering if their coffee & teas were included, or are there different premium ones elsewhere?

Thanks again everyone!

Drinks from the Starbucks kiosk are not included but you can have specialty coffee drinks from the Cafe Promenade.