Victor Bodden guide/driver recommendations? (MERGED THREADS)

RealDeal

How did you pull that off? We asked for July as well and they said he is in the states until August. Hmmm.....

At the time I wrote that we were assigned to Tex - however, we received an email from Victor a few weeks ago and we have been re-assigned (due to Tex taking the US job) to Rick - still excited though!:D

Nana

:) I thought maybe they were giving me the run around, ha! I know he comes highly reccommended. I am looking forward to the tour as well. It will be our first cruise so we are excited.

Have fun!!

At the time I wrote that we were assigned to Tex - however, we received an email from Victor a few weeks ago and we have been re-assigned (due to Tex taking the US job) to Rick - still excited though!:D

Nana

:) I thought maybe they were giving me the run around, ha! I know he comes highly reccommended. I am looking forward to the tour as well. It will be our first cruise so we are excited.

Have fun!!

No - from everything we've heard and read Victor is honest as the day is long, we can't wait for this tour. Have a great one scheduled for Belize too. Hope you guys have a great time on your cruise - to funny - League City??? I used to live in Friendswood...small world huh?

Nana

Yes, very small world. I love it down here. Do you mind me asking what you picked to do for Belize and Cozumel? I am nervous about Belize from what I read and especially since this my first time.

Thanks,

No - from everything we've heard and read Victor is honest as the day is long, we can't wait for this tour. Have a great one scheduled for Belize too. Hope you guys have a great time on your cruise - to funny - League City??? I used to live in Friendswood...small world huh?

Nana

Yes, very small world. I love it down here. Do you mind me asking what you picked to do for Belize and Cozumel? I am nervous about Belize from what I read and especially since this my first time.

Thanks,

No problem - in Belize we are doing a private tour (and probably paying too much but...) We are going to Altun Ha and the Community Baboon Sanctuary - with lunch and shopping. In Cozumel - we're just taking a taxi into town and hitting some local favorites; if we had the kids with us we would probably go to Paradise Beach.

Nana

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a contact information for a driver named Sam? He has been doing tours on the island for years. He has worked for both Bodden and Rony in the past. We have been to Roatan several times and he is our favorite driver, but I have lost his phone number. He is very nice and really goes out of his way to make you comfortable. I left my glasses in the back of the car and he ran into the port to catch us before we got on the ship. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Does anyone have a contact information for a driver named Sam? He has been doing tours on the island for years. He has worked for both Bodden and Rony in the past. We have been to Roatan several times and he is our favorite driver, but I have lost his phone number. He is very nice and really goes out of his way to make you comfortable. I left my glasses in the back of the car and he ran into the port to catch us before we got on the ship. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Have you tried sharing your contact information with Rony or Victor? I'm sure they'd be happy to share your information with him.

• 2 months later...

I was a little skeptical at first for this tour due to the concerns in the area, especially as I read the information on the email from the Tour company. The email was very detailed and descriptive on how to find them which was great! We met up with Franceso, he was our guide for the day. Franceso was great! He took us on a great tour of the island. We felt safe with him. He was very knowledgeable and full of history. We stopped at a couple local areas for pictures and shopping. He also took us to a beautiful little spot for a dip in the ocean. We had a great lunch with some locals, very authentic wish I could eat it everyday it was delicious! LOVED the monkey tour! Thought we would just see some monkeys, but got to see many more animals and touch, hold, and pet several. I would definitely recommend Bodden Tours and will do something with them again in the future!

Also, the walk to meet them is long and a big hill for some of my group the $2 taxi was way worth it!

We booked a cruise last minute two weeks ago and had no time to arrange for excursions. I knew about Victor Bodden tours and we walked up and booked at the pier. We wanted a tour of the island and that is what we got. We had Joanna. The minivan was clean and nice. We had a private tour from 0830 to about 1 pm for $40pp. Cheaper then the ship. She basically just drove us around. First to parrot bay. Also to the highest point accessible. Two stops had the shopping - I hate the pressure but did not get anything. She also took us to a grocery store where we got grape and banana soda bottled in Honduras. ( we like to try this on the islands or beer - anything that is bottled.) we stopped at a couple of pharmacies and gift shop per our request. Our last stop was the monkeys. For us it was an enjoyable day and much better then being herded around on a big ship excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned today from a cruise that included Roatan as one of the ports of call. It was the first time I had ever been there so after researching all my excursion options I decided based on what I had read that Bodden Tours would be my best bet. I booked the Best of Roatan Private Tour and was not disappointed. With the pre cruise instructions that were emailed to me it was easy to find my contact. I will say that if you have any ailment or affliction that makes it hard to walk please take advantage of the $2 cab ride up the hill. I have bad knees and I'm pretty sure that going over that hill on foot would have ruined my day due to pain. Anyway, we met the tour Rep and after a short wait our tour guide, a young gentleman named Will drove up. He loaded us up and went over the list of things we would like to see or do. Off we went on our grand adventure. The day included a tour of the island, a trip to the grocery store, playing with monkeys, hutia and lemur, a wonderful lunch at Russell's Restaurant and the great company of Will. It poured down rain several times but Will managed to maneuver around the storms to keep us dry. Our day ended with Will dropping us off right at the pier shops. I realized after I had walked half way back to the ship that I had left my sunglasses in Will's SUV. I had counted them as lost only to look up and see Wlll running towards me with sunglasses in hand. My hero! He took great care of us and at no time did we feel rushed or unsafe. I would highly recommend Bodden Tours to anyone going to Roatan.

We had Big Al last week and he was great.

We had Big Ald (not a misspelling) in June and he was terrific! We had booked the Fun-and-Sun tour for the second time (went on it im March too) and the driver we requested from the March tour stood us up! Big Ald assured us we would have a great time and did we ever! So glad we got him as a driver as he showed us a much different perspective if the island. Request him if you can, I know I will.

• 2 weeks later...

We were recently in Roatan and took the Victor Bodden Fun and Sun tour. Our driver Franciso (Victor's brother) was the best . He took us all over the island and we saw the way the people live. The monkey farm was great. If you are in Roatan take Victor's tour.

Just returned from our first visit to Roatan. We decided to book outside with Victor Bodden, instead of taking one of the ships excursions. Our driver, Zethro, was very informative and knowledgeable of the island. He was a very safe and conscientious driver. We couldn't do Banana Rama beach or the Iguana Farm due to the heavy rains at port that day. There was another stop that we were going to make, but Zethro was concerned for our safety, as the road we would have had to take was very treacherous in the rains. We made a couple of picture taking stops, and stopped at the new mall on the island for a quick shopping trip, and then stopped at Victor's Monkey Business. That was a fun stop...definitely worth checking out. We will definitely book through Bodden Tours in the future. Easy connections, as shuttles were at the port for pick-up and return.

• 2 weeks later...
We have a private tour with Victor Bodden this December. Those that stopped by the grocery stores. Was there specific items you were looking for? I love to bring home things we cant get here in the states as souvineers for my grown children

Went to grocery store last year during best of roatan tour with bodden........ picked up some different island type spices, and hot sauces, one made with grapefruit infusion was great! Also picked up some bottles of vanilla............ just different type things or spices or sauces that can't get at home.

Went to grocery store last year during best of roatan tour with bodden........ picked up some different island type spices, and hot sauces, one made with grapefruit infusion was great! Also picked up some bottles of vanilla............ just different type things or spices or sauces that can't get at home.

Is the vanilla as good in Roatan as it is suppose to be in cozumel?