Liberty of the seas - photos

I am going to go out on a limb and say you are either a professional photographer or definitely enjoy the hobby. These shots are amazing! I was trying to figure out if you were hand holding your camera in some of those dark shots of the promenade with the lights on the winding stairwells. Your reflections you captured and the glazing/blur in some of the shots is stunning. Nice work, oh and the ship looks beautiful.

Thank you very much for all those pics. I was on Liberty last year, and even if I took lots of pictures and are great to look at, there's just a different feeling when I can spot exact locations and chairs I was sitting at, but in someone else's pictures.

I also agree that your pics are excellent and a nice use of lenses. I notice you have a severe case of Stair fetish, with strong attraction to reflections :D I think that cruise ships are so interesting because of the amount of architecture in such a small space.

You must really like getting up really early in the morning. I was up before 5 am my first morning on Liberty, but managed to sleep in a bit more on the following days.

Great job.

I shoot with a Nikon D300s, but I do Medical photography and my pics are nowhere near this elegant :p

dp

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures - I thoroughly enjoyed them. My DW and I will be sailing on LOS next April and this only fuels my excitement to board her next year (the ship ;) ). It looks like you had some amazing sunrises and sunsets - simply beautiful! Thanks again.

Edited by ramja96

Thank you very much for all those pics. I was on Liberty last year, and even if I took lots of pictures and are great to look at, there's just a different feeling when I can spot exact locations and chairs I was sitting at, but in someone else's pictures.

I also agree that your pics are excellent and a nice use of lenses. I notice you have a severe case of Stair fetish, with strong attraction to reflections :D I think that cruise ships are so interesting because of the amount of architecture in such a small space.

You must really like getting up really early in the morning. I was up before 5 am my first morning on Liberty, but managed to sleep in a bit more on the following days.

Great job.

I shoot with a Nikon D300s, but I do Medical photography and my pics are nowhere near this elegant :p

dp

Thanks for your comments. I took 5 cameras....D800, D610, G7X, Nex 7, and S95. Lens 16mm, 18-55, 24-70, and the Point/shoot contraptions.

David, what awesome photos! I am a VERY amateur photo hobbyist. What was your goto filter for the outside shots?

Cheers!

-John

No filters were used. Believe it or not.....most were taken with a point and shoot G7x and Sony NEX 7. Next was with the D610 and D800 following behind. I guess I am learning the big iron is to bulky and heavy unless you are a pro shooting hi-speed sports.......

All the effects were done post processing.

David

The Woodlands...