Vietnam Visa - Is this true?

danny8826

You also have to shell out another US$20 per day for the Angkor Pass to see any temple plus your guide fee.

Plus Cambodia charge a US$25 departure tax at the airport

Yeah, we have a private guide while we are there (doing a custom tour) so all costs of visiting the Angkor Wat are included.

One thing - the $25 departure tax info is no longer correct. Its automatically included in the cost of your ticket. Been that way for a couple of years now. I checked with our agency on that point, also confirmed through the TripAdvisor forums.

• 2 months later...
Wow!!! Suggest you def check it out yourself with Celebrity. It may even be on their web site, or ring them. We were on the Millenium, with 3 stops in Vietnam. Two of these stops allowed for overnighters, but we opted to return to ship each night. Even so, the ship organised visas for overnighters did not go anywhere near this amount you were quoted. The cruiseline organised onboard, as I wrote earlier. I am highly guessing that your TA is misinformed, or unaware of Celebrity policy. Have read that all other cruiselines do same process for Vietnam visas.

If I can find it on Celebrity site, I will reply with a link for you.....but ring:)

We will also have 3 stops in Vietnam on our Millenium cruise next year, and using a private tour guide, will we need to get a separate visa for each day we get off the ship?

Thanks for your help.

We will also have 3 stops in Vietnam on our Millenium cruise next year, and using a private tour guide, will we need to get a separate visa for each day we get off the ship?

Thanks for your help.

Celebrity should be getting you the visa on board the ship and they type they will get will cover multiple days.

Keith

Thanks for your help.

As Keith said, the one visa covers all ports in Vietnam. Suggest you take a photocopy of your passport with you ashore (possibly not necessary, but I think it is a good idea). The Millennium will collect all passports, hold them, and return them on last sea day. We used private guides in all ports too.

• 1 month later...

This is all very interesting as we are going on a cruise next year that goes to vietnam and Cambodia. have I read it correctly that Australians need 2 passport photos to go into Vietnam and into cambodia?:confused: But the visas are organised on the ship?

Thanks for your help.

We just returned from our Millenium cruise with 3 stops in Vietnam last week. For those doing day tours only, the cruise organized group visa @$50 per person. The ship kept all passports but provide landing cards which were stamped by Vietnamese official upon arrival at each port.

For those with overnight tours, we had to apply for individual visas with a photo + $60 per person. Our passports, with visa attached, were returned to us for our private overnight tours.

Hope this help.