Jamman54 or Mitsugirly

Pandot

I know that you are both going in the Pride Caribbean itinerary this upcoming month - would you please do me a favor and try to find out which night the chef's table and the Owl Jams party (not regular night owls) are held?

Thanks so much! Can't wait to read your reviews - hoping that Jamman's will help me decide on the best place to choose a cabana on HMC for my group:)

Happy cruising to both of you :)

I know that you are both going in the Pride Caribbean itinerary this upcoming month - would you please do me a favor and try to find out which night the chef's table and the Owl Jams party (not regular night owls) are held?

Thanks so much! Can't wait to read your reviews - hoping that Jamman's will help me decide on the best place to choose a cabana on HMC for my group:)

Happy cruising to both of you :)

I'll be happy to check out the Chef's Table for you. I'll let Mitsugirly report on the Owl Jams party since she has a young child that may do the program. BTW, when my boys were growing up, the late night party was the highlight on all their cruises!

As far as cabanas go, the higher the number (or letter if you rent a Villa), the quieter it will be. We prefer to be in the #6 to # 10 range.

Edited by Jamman54

mitsugirly - night owls is the after 10, pay per hour childrens service; Owl jams is a 2-3 hour party with special activities (also at 10) and special goodies (has a flat fee for the party)

jamman54 - we did decide to stick with the cabana as my parents will be joining us only for a few hours; with my sons special needs my needs are specifically being close to bathrooms. i have narrowed down my first choices to 7 and 3 but i am obviously flexible. i figured your review would have feedback, photos and description that will help me :)

hope you both have an amazing time!

mitsugirly - night owls is the after 10, pay per hour childrens service; Owl jams is a 2-3 hour party with special activities (also at 10) and special goodies (has a flat fee for the party)

Oh ok. I think I know what you are talking about but didn't know the actual name of it. I know I was trying to check all that out about a month ago getting info on the cost and was coming up with all kinds of pricing according to others posted fun times. I will definitely get info for you. :)

jamman54 - we did decide to stick with the cabana as my parents will be joining us only for a few hours; with my sons special needs my needs are specifically being close to bathrooms. i have narrowed down my first choices to 7 and 3 but i am obviously flexible. i figured your review would have feedback, photos and description that will help me :)

You don't have to wait until we get back because the first three reviews in my signature, (Splendor, Fantasy, & Fascination), all have segments on HMC. Of course there will be a segment on HMC on my upcoming Pride review. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Owl Jams was Monday 10-12am "Mardi Gras" $13 + 15% gratuity.

Owl Jams on Friday 10-12am "Pajama party"

Chefs Table was Tuesday :)

When is your next review? I am looking forward to your Next Carnival review. I think it's on the Dream?

When is your next review? I am looking forward to your Next Carnival review. I think it's on the Dream?

I just got off the Pride today (that was the purpose of this thread from the OP). ;) :D

My Dream review is in my signature line from when we were on her. :)

Just a couple questions, we are on the Pride next Sunday 4/19.

Did either of you park at the port? If so, what's the best time to get there and what time did they start boarding? We are staying only about 15 minutes away on Saturday.

This is our first time on the Pride, we are 51, 50 and DD 10. I probably won't see your reviews before we go, is there anything we must know or do?

Thanks

Did either of you park at the port? If so, what's the best time to get there and what time did they start boarding? We are staying only about 15 minutes away on Saturday.

This is our first time on the Pride, we are 51, 50 and DD 10. I probably won't see your reviews before we go, is there anything we must know or do?

Thanks

Just off Pride too. We got to the port around 1030-11. Had to wait in a line of cars for a few but not bad. Parking was $105 for the week. We had FTTF so we boarded around noon I'd say, give or take a few. Very quick. When we arrived people were still getting off the ship. Left the parking lot around 945 after the cruise and there were a few cars lined up waiting to get in. HTH

Thanks

We got there at 10 and was the 9th car in line. They started letting cars in to drop off luggage and park at 11. By that time, there must have been about 80 cars waiting to get in. They do a good job cueing the cars in rows. I would rather get there early and wait for them to open, then get there at 11 and wait for the 80 cars in front of me to drop off luggage. Moves fast once they start. Drop off luggage, then move to one of three lines to pay for parking. The line to the right is for cash, the other two are for credit cards. Cost is $105.

They began boarding Diamonds, Platinums, & FTTF at noon.

WELCOME ASHORE to both of you! Can't wait to hear all about your cruise. Mitsugirly, also anxious to hear your thoughts of the Best Western! Jamman, you brought the nice weather back to NJ with you. It was an awful week, but yesterday was gorgeous! :)

Thanks

Just a thought...

Have you considered asking your Hotel whether they have a Park & Cruise package ? Much more convenience to leave vehicle at Hotel and take a shuttle to the port, then have the shuttle pick you up when you return and take you back to the Hotel for car pick-up.

We found this to be a great option, as you are paying for the hotel anyways, and they don't charge for you to park your vehicle there with the Park & Cruise rate. We will be doing this in March 2016 for the 14-day voyage. :D

I'm excited to see reviews too--we're on the June 21 sailing. By any chance, did anyone grab Fun Times that they'd be willing to scan in or email? The only ones I found online were from 2 years ago, and I'm sure a lot has changed...

WELCOME ASHORE to both of you! Can't wait to hear all about your cruise. Mitsugirly, also anxious to hear your thoughts of the Best Western! Jamman, you brought the nice weather back to NJ with you. It was an awful week, but yesterday was gorgeous! :)

Best Western Elkridge was AWESOME!! Seriously. Great service, nice rooms, great pool and hot tub and the shuttle was terrific. I couldn't have ask for a better place to stay. They shuttled us any time we wanted, took us to Walmart and waited on us to run in and get things, then shuttled us to the mall and came and got us as soon as we called. Oh, and since we went in to Walmart to buy soda, they took all of our soda (5 cases) back to the hotel with them and put them behind the desk for when we returned). Shuttle the the port was prompt and our return wait was around 15 minutes (I wrote down times for my review, but would have to look it up at the moment).

My oldest daughter and grandson went back to the hotel to stay over night last night (couldn't get a plane ride home the same day as us), so they dropped us off at the airport and took her back to the hotel. When she was ready, they took her to the mall...she shopped and watched a movie and had dinner, then she said they was there within 20 minutes of her calling them to come get her (and this was late...around 8:30pm). They did inform her they were dropping someone off at the airport at that time, so that was why it took 20 minutes instead of the normal 10 minutes. :p 24 hour service and they rock! (Do have some complaints about 1 of the drivers though...I'll address that in my review :rolleyes:)

I will ALWAYS stay there if we go to Baltimore again.

*(Just a "short" review for you) :p

I'm excited to see reviews too--we're on the June 21 sailing. By any chance, did anyone grab Fun Times that they'd be willing to scan in or email? The only ones I found online were from 2 years ago, and I'm sure a lot has changed...

I have all of them and will be including them in my review. :)

We're sailing on the PRIDE on May 3, and have a pre-night at the Wingate by the BWI airport. They offer free parking for cruise passengers, and a free shuttle to and from the cruise port.

The Wingate probably won't win any awards, but then I'm not expecting the Ritz.

I have all of them and will be including them in my review. :)

Can't wait, anxiously waiting. How was the tender process into HMC, did it go smoothly. Did you have FFTF? I forget (being 4 years ago) how they ran the tender process.

Best Western Elkridge was AWESOME!! Seriously. Great service, nice rooms, great pool and hot tub and the shuttle was terrific. I couldn't have ask for a better place to stay. They shuttled us any time we wanted, took us to Walmart and waited on us to run in and get things, then shuttled us to the mall and came and got us as soon as we called. Oh, and since we went in to Walmart to buy soda, they took all of our soda (5 cases) back to the hotel with them and put them behind the desk for when we returned). Shuttle the the port was prompt and our return wait was around 15 minutes (I wrote down times for my review, but would have to look it up at the moment).

My oldest daughter and grandson went back to the hotel to stay over night last night (couldn't get a plane ride home the same day as us), so they dropped us off at the airport and took her back to the hotel. When she was ready, they took her to the mall...she shopped and watched a movie and had dinner, then she said they was there within 20 minutes of her calling them to come get her (and this was late...around 8:30pm). They did inform her they were dropping someone off at the airport at that time, so that was why it took 20 minutes instead of the normal 10 minutes. :p 24 hour service and they rock! (Do have some complaints about 1 of the drivers though...I'll address that in my review :rolleyes:)

SO happy to read this! I know you were very concerned about where to stay and glad it worked out and nice to know that we also made the right decision to stay there. Would never have known about this hotel without the great people on this site! Can't wait to read your review!

We stayed there for the Park and Cruise in Oct 2013....and again next week. Glad it is still a nice place. Looking forward to it.

With the price to park at the Port around $105, we got the room, parking and shuttle for $109....cant beat that!

We stayed there for the Park and Cruise in Oct 2013....and again next week. Glad it is still a nice place. Looking forward to it.

With the price to park at the Port around $105, we got the room, parking and shuttle for $109....cant beat that!

We are doing a B2B and had planned to drive down the morning of since we are just about 4 hours away, but it would cost us $210 to park at the ship for 2 weeks and we got the hotel for $127. Figured it would be CHEAPER to drive down day before, see some sites, have a nice dinner and good night sleep and take shuttle to and from ship and leave our car at the hotel. ;)

Mitsugirly, did you go to dinner at the pub across the street? Stained Glass Pub I think the name was. :confused: Also, how long did it take to get from hotel to the ship. I am sure you will be covering all this in your review, but thought I'd ask ahead of time. :o:o