is this legit?

smurf1635

Received, in the mail, a letter/certificate for a free 7 night cruise, is this legit? Normally, I would think "no way, too good to be true" but last spring, there were many on the Carnival boards talking about how they received offers of free cruises, only had to pay taxes.

Plan to call the number in the morning, when my brain is fresh.

My parents just got one of these in the mail from NCL, with an NCL return address and phone number. My mom called yesterday. They have to go to a 90 minute information session on time shares, with no obligation to buy, and then they will be given the voucher for the free cruise AND airfare.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My parents just got one of these in the mail from NCL, with an NCL return address and phone number. My mom called yesterday. They have to go to a 90 minute information session on time shares, with no obligation to buy, and then they will be given the voucher for the free cruise AND airfare.

Where is the time share presentation?

I dont think any reward is ever worth a "time share presentation". The one and only time I attended one, we were passed off to another sales person so many times, we were there for hours. We finally were "allowed" to leave after the sales person told my husband I was being rude.... it was leave or it was going to get really ugly.

Good luck to your parents if they attend.

I dont think any reward is ever worth a "time share presentation". The one and only time I attended one, we were passed off to another sales person so many times, we were there for hours. We finally were "allowed" to leave after the sales person told my husband I was being rude.... it was leave or it was going to get really ugly.

Went to one years ago.. It got really ugly.. ;)

OP , toss it in the trash... That is if the trash doesn't mind..

That voucher is going to have lots of "extras" Nobody is going to give away a cruise and airfare.

The free airfare should really raise the red flag.

It's at one of our local hotels. They are attending and know what they're in for.

Got a similar offer and it should be thrown in the trash where it belongs!

After a few phone calls, found out you sit through a 90min presentation then get a high pressure SALES offer to sign up for their travel club, paying anywhere from $1500 to $4500 just to get access to their web site before you can even book a cruise/timeshare.

If you decline, they will give you vouchers to a 3rd party vendor (usually out of business per the BBB) to redeem the free cruise and/or airfare BUT @ fees that cost more than the original cost of said free cruise/airfare.

Run...do not walk...and throw that offer in the garbage ASAP!

Edited by MACE

NCL doesn't sell time shares.

NCL doesn't sell time shares.

You're right! :) Whatever time share company is part of the deal is the one that sells time shares. The offer you get for going is through NCL. I saw the letter my parents received. It was from NCL, on NCL letterhead, NCL return address...granted, I didn't call them personally, my mom did. She is well aware of what will go on at the presentation as well.

All I was trying to do was let the OP know my experience with the info they got in the mail. That's all. :)

You're right! :) Whatever time share company is part of the deal is the one that sells time shares. The offer you get for going is through NCL. I saw the letter my parents received. It was from NCL, on NCL letterhead, NCL return address...granted, I didn't call them personally, my mom did. She is well aware of what will go on at the presentation as well.

All I was trying to do was let the OP know my experience with the info they got in the mail. That's all. :)

And you did help me, thank you so much.

I went to one of these before, for a $20/night 2 bed 2bath condo at Disney. All you do is sit there and play on your phone or something, once its over tell the salesman you just came for the free cruise or whatever and your not buying anything, and tell them BYE!

For all you that get suckered in and are afraid to say NO and walk away, it is your OWN fault.

It is that easy...

Edited by jp30338

It's about as legit as the E-mail's I receive from Homeland Security telling me I have not claimed my 5 million dollar inheritance from someone related to me in Nigeria! I even googled the same & address for the Agent @ Homeland Security & it actually comes up. But not the telephone #.

It's about as legit as the E-mail's I receive from Homeland Security telling me I have not claimed my 5 million dollar inheritance from someone related to me in Nigeria! I even googled the same & address for the Agent @ Homeland Security & it actually comes up. But not the telephone #.

Except these are legit giveaways... Do some research before you post your opinion.

Legit or not! These are high pressure presentations that take advantage of unsuspecting consumers. No time for bashing here. Everyone is entitled to there opinion without Debbie Downer chiming in! That's all I have to say!

Legit or not! These are high pressure presentations that take advantage of unsuspecting consumers. No time for bashing here. Everyone is entitled to there opinion without Debbie Downer chiming in! That's all I have to say!

Unsuspecting consumers?? LMAO

I heard it is hard to say NO.

I don't know about OP's particular offer, but my DH's first cruise was a gift for us attending a Blue Green timeshare presentation in Indianapolis. We received a voucher for a Carnival cruise. Yes, the presentation was painful and they get ugly with you once they realize you are a firm, 'No', but the cruise voucher, itself, was definitely legit.

Our voucher was from a company called Spirit Incentives. There were a lot of fine print deadlines, but as long as you were organized, we got our cruise for just the port charges and taxes and had a huge inside stateroom on the Carnival Fascination. This was in 2003.

That 'free' cruise has since cost my DH dearly. He is hooked on cruising now! ;)

That 'free' cruise has since cost my DH dearly. He is hooked on cruising now! ;)

My husband knows that feeling. :p Our first cruise was free, a win from Frommers Guidebooks. It was a four day RCI Caribbean cruise including Puerto Rico airfare. But that free cruise has cost us dearly since we discovered we loved cruising and have purchased a dozen cruises since then. :eek: