is this legit?

smurf1635

Unsuspecting consumers?? LMAO

I heard it is hard to say NO.

Of course it is hard to say no. They would not keep doing this unless they were able to continue to get new customers. Remember, somebody has to pay for the cruise, the mailings, the presentation, the saleman, the paperwork, etc.

They don't do this just to see if it works. They KNOW it works.

So the I received offer is for a travel club. Sit through 90 minute presentation and you get a voucher for a free cruise which you have to book 90 days in advance and select 3 dates to cruise. Cost is $299 per person :eek: and that covers taxes, port charges and Processing fee.

You also get a free airfare tickets which is in the form of a rebate after you buy it from another agency which may be overpriced.

And they throw in a $100 Gas Card which is a rebate offer of $25.00 a month for 4 months if you purchase over $100 in gas each month.

Cost of the travel club is between $3,000 and $10,000 which includes a non-refundable processing fee of $495 and an annual fee of $299 a year.

Please do your research and Google the company online and read about them through the BBB website. Another red flag would be when you ask them for a phone number of the business when you call for the appointment and they are unable to provide one.

Beware, but if you have nothing else to do go there for the only thing that is "free"... the refreshments and don't give them a dime as there are many free Travel agents out there that will give you better service.

Peace

Went to one years ago.. It got really ugly.. ;)

OP , toss it in the trash... That is if the trash doesn't mind..

I also went to one a couple of years ago and it was AWFUL! It wasn't 90 minutes, it was closer to 3 hours and was such a hard sell. You have to listen to all 3 hours if you want your coupons -- and then it still costs you "application" money. Not worth 20 minutes of your time, let alone 3 hours.:mad:

Back in 2006 we went to a multilevel marketing travel recruiting meeting, no pressure involved, and my wife won a RCI 4 day cruise for 2 out of Florida. I got on the phone and paid a total of $600 (port fees not included in "free" 4 days) for a 7 day cruise, and we loved it. We have taken 5 cruises since, all with NCL, and have 3 more on deposit. Unless NCL starts sailing Asia we will probably take another RCI cruise in a few years, for they got us started and we want to see everywhere once before we start doing repeats.

Unsuspecting consumers?? LMAO

I heard it is hard to say NO.

Not quite... When the salesman stepped in front of us twice to prevent us from leaving that was enough.. When he put his hand on my shoulder he was introduced to the Ficus in the corner ... And they didn't even ring the bell... Sounds like the one you went to was run by Girl Scouts... ;)

I don't know about OP's particular offer, but my DH's first cruise was a gift for us attending a Blue Green timeshare presentation in Indianapolis. We received a voucher for a Carnival cruise. Yes, the presentation was painful and they get ugly with you once they realize you are a firm, 'No', but the cruise voucher, itself, was definitely legit.

Our voucher was from a company called Spirit Incentives. There were a lot of fine print deadlines, but as long as you were organized, we got our cruise for just the port charges and taxes and had a huge inside stateroom on the Carnival Fascination. This was in 2003.

That 'free' cruise has since cost my DH dearly. He is hooked on cruising now! ;)

Just go to http://www.ripoffreport.com for this company, and save yourself time and money.

Just pay a $100 deposit, and $600 deposit, and you will end up with nothing.

See their other charming reports.:eek:

I want one, I get a kick out of listening to those guys. Just say no thanks I just lost my job. I did one in Vegas a few weeks ago. Sat thru 90 minutes of BS....Hilton time share, said no thanks and we walked out with a coupon for a 4 hour helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon

Edited by Laszlo

Received, in the mail, a letter/certificate for a free 7 night cruise, is this legit? Normally, I would think "no way, too good to be true" but last spring, there were many on the Carnival boards talking about how they received offers of free cruises, only had to pay taxes.

Plan to call the number in the morning, when my brain is fresh.

We are aware of certain mailings that have been made to look as if they originated from and are authorized by Norwegian Cruise Line. These mailings, including those from Promotions 2 U, have emanated from entities with no association to or authority from Norwegian Cruise Line.

We understand this has caused confusion with the general public and we are working diligently to resolve the issue, including taking legal action.

In exploring any cruise offer, consumers should always deal with a reputable travel professional or the company directly.

I did one through the "Spirit Incentives". It wasn't 'free' and it wasn't just 'taxes and port fees' that I paid. I wound up paying for a highly discounted cruise. I also had to jump through all of their hoops in order to redeem my cruise. I did not purchase the vacation club offer, either. In the end, I wouldn't do it again. It is much easier to book with someone reputable and watch for price drops. :)