Oasis-port side smokers a worry?

Sooooo apparently we are booked on the lovely lady o's portside on deck ten. I now read that there are consistent issues with people smoking on their balconies and that the designated smoking areas are also on portside. Anyone experience belligerent guests who don't care about the no smoking on the balcony rule?

Sooooo apparently we are booked on the lovely lady o's portside on deck ten. I now read that there are consistent issues with people smoking on their balconies and that the designated smoking areas are also on portside. Anyone experience belligerent guests who don't care about the no smoking on the balcony rule?

It'll be up to you to say something.

RCI has around 90,000 cruising every week, so where are you reading this stuff about consistent issues with balcony smoking? Maybe a link.

Edited by setsail

We experienced it only once, and it was on a different ship. The first time we called Guest Services, and they sent someone to speak to the guy and he stopped. He did it again the following day, but we were getting ready to leave the cabin and didn't take the time to call. Someone else must have though, because I heard him complaining later about being hassled earlier in the day and given the $250 fine.

So as others have posted, just call Guest Services and hopefully you'll get the same results.

Have fun on your cruise!

It happened only once on a cruise that someone smoked on the balcony next to us. I was very surprised when I heard a lighter click and smelled the smoke seconds later, because our cabin was the last before the officers cabins next to the bridge. I could not resist and poked my head around the divider and there an officer was sitting together with his spouse, both happily smoking away. I just said: "So the guests are not allowed to smoke on the balcony but YOU are? Very strange rules here!" They stopped immediately.

I did not report him and he never did it again for the whole 12 days of the cruise. But I can still hardly believe it. It was on Quantum in March 2015.

It happened only once on a cruise that someone smoked on the balcony next to us. I was very surprised when I heard a lighter click and smelled the smoke seconds later, because our cabin was the last before the officers cabins next to the bridge. I could not resist and poked my head around the divider and there an officer was sitting together with his spouse, both happily smoking away. I just said: "So the guests are not allowed to smoke on the balcony but YOU are? Very strange rules here!" They stopped immediately.

I did not report him and he never did it again for the whole 12 days of the cruise. But I can still hardly believe it. It was on Quantum in March 2015.

Wow and what nerve! Kudos to you for saying something and more for sticking around your head around the partition! Awesome!

A call to guest services generates a visit to the offending cabin by security. Subsequent offenses fall under violations of the "guest conduct policy" and can result in a fine or a more severe penalty if warranted by the behavior of the guest in question.

I had port side deck 12 one cruise and had no problems. Deck 12 has a one deck buffer between it and the smoking side of the pool deck. Deck 10 should be less of an issue.