Grand Turk Liquor ??

Colorado Beach Bum

Huh, never thought about it but you'd just walk out the doors and it's not like someone is there checking.

Thats what we were thinking. Just bring mixers, buy a bottle have a few cocktails that are way way way cheaper than Jimmy Buffets. We have already reserved a cabana so it should work right?

Go up the beach a short way to Jack's Shack and enjoy the joint. That way, you will not have leftover liquor or feel compelled to drink it all to your detriment.

Margaritaville is way too crowded and tourist trappy. There are a couple of other saloons on the island, but Jack's Shack comes with a personal endorsement from my PVP who is one of the best.

Doc

I know you cannot buy liquor in Grand Turk and take back to your room, but can you buy a bottle of liquor in the store and take it with you on the island?? Thanks in advance for all your wise answers.

Hi, beachbum. If you bought it through Carnival Fun Shops pre-cruise, you may carry one quart with you to Grand Turk duty free. I'm assuming you know that if you buy alcohol in the shops onboard the ship that they will hold it for you until the end of the cruise.

http://www.visittci.com/getting-here/customs-allowances

There is liquor at the cruise center in GT, including small bottles that would be easy to take to the beach and back to the ship. What's funny is that I couldn't find anything there for a mixer other than bottled water, so bring your own mixer or you will have to buy it somewhere else.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

Unless things have changed in the last couple of years, one exits the cruise dock and is immediately confronted with a huge liquor store. Some of the specials are really special, others not so much. A real effort must be taken to avoid this store.

Doc

You have to go through it getting on or off the ship. There is plenty of selections liquors. DH drinks beer, I'm not a big drinker. Usually have to have a "perfect margarita" at margaritaville. Best one ever was at Las Vegas. Worst was universal studios orlando. GT was ok.

Go up the beach a short way to Jack's Shack and enjoy the joint. That way, you will not have leftover liquor or feel compelled to drink it all to your detriment.

Margaritaville is way too crowded and tourist trappy. There are a couple of other saloons on the island, but Jack's Shack comes with a personal endorsement from my PVP who is one of the best.

Doc

We may have to check that out!

There is liquor at the cruise center in GT, including small bottles that would be easy to take to the beach and back to the ship. What's funny is that I couldn't find anything there for a mixer other than bottled water, so bring your own mixer or you will have to buy it somewhere else.

Good advice. Thanks

Margaritaville is way too crowded and tourist trappy. There are a couple of other saloons on the island, but Jack's Shack comes with a personal endorsement from my PVP who is one of the best.Doc

for those who are interested:

http://www.jacksshack.tc/

check out the "Free Rum" tab--just print out a coupon from the website or "check in" at the bar after creating an online account at the site.

While not strictly _liquor_ this has my attention: what brands of beer are available generally on Grand Turk? And where could they by purchased by the 6-pack, if possible. And, equally important, where can we get a reasonable price?

Turk's Head makes two brews, a Lager and and Amber. The lager is similar to American adjunct type lagers like Bud or Miller. It is pale like many other Caribbean beers. The Amber is an American Amber/Red lager style, like Killian's Red or Carnival's (Bud's) Thirsty Red Frog, although not quite as heavy or sweet.

Outside the cruise center there's Grand Turk Liquors in Cockburntown that will sell sixers. You might find it at a smaller convenience store/gas station along the main road toward the airport. Not sure of the price.

• 3 weeks later...
Good advice. Thanks

Just wondering if anyone bought the mini liquors at the duty free at the port and took them to the beach? I don't mind buying a few at the bar, but this would certainly help lower the bar bill.

• 1 month later...
While not strictly _liquor_ this has my attention: what brands of beer are available generally on Grand Turk? And where could they by purchased by the 6-pack, if possible. And, equally important, where can we get a reasonable price?

we usually walk past M'ville and to the first or second bar and get a bucket of beer and conch fritters. its Turks Head but they have numerous kinds. $20-24