...parking options at Ft Lauderdale

Wesley66IN

Would like to hear pros and cons of parking options... at the pier, at a local hotel, and at a private parking place. While price is a consideration, the convenience and time to/from parking to ship are my major factors. thanks

I have used Park and Go two times and recommend them. The facility is fenced and secure, about a 5 minute drive to port. Shuttle leaves as soon as staff load your luggage and a shuttle will be waiting upon return or arriving within a few minutes.

They are less than one block from I 595.

We have sailed out of Ft Lauderdale many times , and use to use garage, but changed to park N go. they are right off Eller dive, about a five minute ride to pier, good price, over 25 shuttles, fenced secure lot, and super nice people. Im 30 year retired law enforcement, and I was impressed by company. Bob The Villages, Florida

The one time I used ParkNGo it was fine and a little more than 1/2 the price of port parking. But on this past New Year's cruise, they were only $3/day cheaper. Throw in the extra tips and the price was about the same. I don't know if that was because it was the holidays or what. They are convenient if you don't mind riding in shuttles.

Edited by WEGL81

We have used Park n Go in FLL a couple of times. They are right outside the port and have lots of shuttles. I would definitely use them again.

Totally agree with you. We use them all the time and LOVE them. Only place I will offsite park in FLL. I always book them online before we go. They are fast and efficient. Never have to wait for them when getting off a cruise. We also have the Frequent Parker Program card.

Edited by karena1

Totally agree with you. We use them all the time and LOVE them. Only place I will offsite park in FLL. I always book them online before we go. They are fast and efficient. Never have to wait for them when getting off a cruise. We also have the Frequent Parker Program card.

How does it work when you return to Port? Do you have to call P&G or are the shuttles there and continually picking up returning passengers?

How does it work when you return to Port? Do you have to call P&G or are the shuttles there and continually picking up returning passengers?

Park-n-go goes to the returning ships on a constant basis. If a shuttle fills up at a stop, they will call another to pick you up. We are pleased with their service.

Really never a long wait.

Just make sure that you make a reservation on their web site, which may also have a discount coupon. I've seen that a few times

You chances of getting parking by just driving up to the front gate on the day of the cruise are pretty slim

• 1 month later...

We always use Park N Go for both port and airport parking, never had a problem, friendly staff, plenty of shuttles waiting to take you to the port and pick you up. Book and pay in advance on their web site.. At busy times they do valet park, so if you're not comfortable with leaving your key, it might not be an option for everyone.

We always use Park N Go for both port and airport parking, never had a problem, friendly staff, plenty of shuttles waiting to take you to the port and pick you up. Book and pay in advance on their web site.. At busy times they do valet park, so if you're not comfortable with leaving your key, it might not be an option for everyone.

What do you mean they valet park and take your keys? What is busy time? Will you find out prior to arriving at P&G or is it somewhat random? Not sure I want to leave my key with them.