Beverage question from an Oceania first timer

ceejilly

My wife and I are soon going on our first Oceania cruise after being with Azamara for a few years. One of the (many)highlights to the experience is to enjoy a G&T prior to dinner watching the world go by and the sun setting, but I need to know the brand of tonic water served on Oceania Riviera. We are not Gin aficionados but when it comes to the tonic water it has to be Schweppes, we have been known to visit supermarkets whilst cruising the Med just to purchase Schweppes tonic.....sad or what:confused: Not to upset our American cousins but your tonic water (I think it's called Crown Club) just sucks, hence the urgency. Otherwise it will be back to the supermarkets once again or pack a few cans in our luggage. I do hope someone out there knows the answer and thank you in anticipation:) Craig

My wife and I are soon going on our first Oceania cruise after being with Azamara for a few years. One of the (many)highlights to the experience is to enjoy a G&T prior to dinner watching the world go by and the sun setting, but I need to know the brand of tonic water served on Oceania Riviera. We are not Gin aficionados but when it comes to the tonic water it has to be Schweppes, we have been known to visit supermarkets whilst cruising the Med just to purchase Schweppes tonic.....sad or what:confused: Not to upset our American cousins but your tonic water (I think it's called Crown Club) just sucks, hence the urgency. Otherwise it will be back to the supermarkets once again or pack a few cans in our luggage. I do hope someone out there knows the answer and thank you in anticipation:) Craig

We like Schweppes too though we also will drink other tonics ranging from Canada Dry to small batch handcrafted ones available in some of our local stores. That said, I seem to remember that the tonic onboard may come out of a gun. Just never noticed since I'm usually more concerned with the origins of the gin (our "go to" brands are Bombay Sapphire and Hendricks. But, we also like SF locals, Junipero and St. George "Botanivore."

Now, if we could just get O to carry Maraschino Liquer and Creme de Violette, we could all enjoy a classic Aviation and forget the G&Ts.

Totally with you on that G/T before dinner. Last cruise I called my TA and had them request diet tonic water for our room. Brought on a bottle of gin and I was set. I don't remember the brand of tonic but it was very good. It amazes me the difference in taste from one brand to another. I'll never purchase generic store brands again.

Thanks everyone for your response to my question, I do appreciate your advice and guidance. I've decided to hope that the bars on Oceania Reviera is stocked up with my chosen tonic otherwise I'll be walking the supermarket once again:oCraig