What to do in St. Maarten for non beachy people

TerReuv

We will be in St. Maarten on Tuesday October 20th. Sailing on the Conquest with DH, and parents. We are in our mid 50's and my parents are in their mid-late 70's. All in fairly good health.

We have a private tour booked with Joyce but would like a few suggestions of things that we should not miss. We plan on seeing the planes, but other than that we are flexible. Would love to get some ideas from others for things that are "can't miss" in St. Maarten. We are there all day (9-6), so we would appreciate any thoughts you guys might have.

Thanks!

Not sure where you will already be going on your private tour booked with Joyce so it's a bit difficult to make suggestions.

Do think you would enjoy going to the French side, St. Martin, rather than totally staying in the Dutch side, St. Maarten. :)

LuLu

Our tour with Joyce is whatever we want to do, so we are not already going anywhere until we tell her what we prefer. That is why we booked with her. She will take us wherever we want to go and do whatever we want to do.

We have Serafina's on our list! That is one thing I have found consistent on this board! :D

We would like to see things on both sides (French & Dutch) if possible. With being in port from 9-6 we should have a lot of time.

Karysa - do you know the name of the fort? Also, I thought the planes were a bit later in the afternoon - say 2-3? Am I wrong in that time frame?

Our tour with Joyce is whatever we want to do, so we are not already going anywhere until we tell her what we prefer. That is why we booked with her. She will take us wherever we want to go and do whatever we want to do.

We have Serafina's on our list! That is one thing I have found consistent on this board! :D

We would like to see things on both sides (French & Dutch) if possible. With being in port from 9-6 we should have a lot of time.

Karysa - do you know the name of the fort? Also, I thought the planes were a bit later in the afternoon - say 2-3? Am I wrong in that time frame?

You are in good hands from what I have read. Joyce has a plane schedule on her website. She will get you there at the right time. In the summer months 11-2 is best so if you go somewhere in the 12-3 at he end October you should be fine.

The fort is called Fort Louis. We park closest to the last set of stairs and it's less than a 5 minute climb from there.