The Haven

bromleypod

... which other NCL ship has a comparable Haven like the Epic please?

Technically,...none.

For better or for worse, Epic is one of a kind.

However, Escape and Bliss (under construction) have excellent Haven areas. In some ways, better than Epic (you will get contrasting opinions, of course). POSH access on Epic beats Escape's sundeck but Bliss' sundeck might beat the other two.

...there's no wrong choice for the Haven on NCL's big ships (BA/GA/Epic/Escape/Bliss).

I wouldn't just limit it to the newer ships like the Escape, the Getaway, and the Breakaway, either... The Haven on the Jewel-class ships (the Gem, the Jewel, and the Pearl) is pretty great, too. Some people might even like The Haven on the Jewel-class better than on the newer ships, since there are less passengers sharing it. The Haven Courtyard and sun deck areas on the Jewel class are even less crowded than on the bigger ships, because there are simply far fewer Haven cabins that share them.

We had a really great cruise in The Haven on the Norwegian Pearl earlier this year. Here are a few photos of The Haven on the Pearl...

HavenCourtyard-IMG_5204.JPG

CourtyardDome-IMG_20170119_173859.jpg

CourtyardJacuzzi-IMG_5211.JPG

HavenCourtyard-IMG_5217.JPG

But if you really want to get a sense of what the Haven Courtyard (and sun deck) are like on the Norwegian Pearl, still pictures just don't do it justice. You need to see it on video. Take a look at this short (minute and a half) video that I shot of the courtyard and sun deck on the Norwegian Pearl:

(Suggestion: watch it full screen, in HD)

The Jewel-class ships also have a very nice spa and thermal suite, including a large coed area, but also individual male/female areas... including the largest sauna I've ever seen on a cruise ship, and with the best view, too! So, my advice (after having sailed in The Haven on the Getaway, the Escape, and the Pearl) is to not rule out the Jewel-class ships just because they're a little older and smaller than the current state-of-the-art. At least in The Haven, cruising is very sweet on the Jewel-class!

How difficult is it to get drinks while in the Pearl Haven?

I was just on the Jade which is similar to Pearl and there is a courtyard attendant that will get you drinks from the bar downstairs. He was so attentive and drenched in sweat from running around getting all of the people in the courtyard their drinks. We tipped him very very well for all of his efforts. I have heard that some courtyard attendants won't do that.

I stayed in the Haven on the Getaway and getting drinks was not a problem at all. The Haven had it's own bar and waiter service while lounging in the Courtyard.

Thanks for your reply, but the Getaway and the Pearl are not the same. I don't think the Pearl has it's own bar in the Haven.

Hi All, Just returned from the Epic and the Haven was a fantastic experience. Looking to book future cruises, which other NCL ship has a comparable Haven like the Epic please?

The Haven on the Epic is one of the best overall experience. It is the largest and best laid out. The -away class ships (Escape, Bliss, Joy, Breakaway, Getaway) are the next best. Courtyard, Lounge, Restaurant, Sundeck.

The Jewel-class have Haven rooms and regular suites. The extra cost of the Havens over regular suites is not worth it. Tiny courtyard is the benefit.

Thanks for posting the pics and the video of the Pearl Haven...we were in the pearl haven last September on a Pacific Coastal. This year it's the Jewel Haven to Alaska.

I wouldn't just limit it to the newer ships like the Escape, the Getaway, and the Breakaway, either... The Haven on the Jewel-class ships (the Gem, the Jewel, and the Pearl) is pretty great, too. Some people might even like The Haven on the Jewel-class better than on the newer ships, since there are less passengers sharing it. The Haven Courtyard and sun deck areas on the Jewel class are even less crowded than on the bigger ships, because there are simply far fewer Haven cabins that share them.

We had a really great cruise in The Haven on the Norwegian Pearl earlier this year. Here are a few photos of The Haven on the Pearl...

HavenCourtyard-IMG_5204.JPG

CourtyardDome-IMG_20170119_173859.jpg

CourtyardJacuzzi-IMG_5211.JPG

HavenCourtyard-IMG_5217.JPG

But if you really want to get a sense of what the Haven Courtyard (and sun deck) are like on the Norwegian Pearl, still pictures just don't do it justice. You need to see it on video. Take a look at this short (minute and a half) video that I shot of the courtyard and sun deck on the Norwegian Pearl:

(Suggestion: watch it full screen, in HD)

The Jewel-class ships also have a very nice spa and thermal suite, including a large coed area, but also individual male/female areas... including the largest sauna I've ever seen on a cruise ship, and with the best view, too! So, my advice (after having sailed in The Haven on the Getaway, the Escape, and the Pearl) is to not rule out the Jewel-class ships just because they're a little older and smaller than the current state-of-the-art. At least in The Haven, cruising is very sweet on the Jewel-class!