Need some "what to do help"?

Rangersfan2014

Will be in Cozumel on Nov.20th, with 6 other ships.

Will be me, GF who is a first timer and 2 16 year olds.

Want to snorkel and enjoy a little shopping time. We are currently considering Chankanaab but want the most out of our day. The snorkeling is really the only must do.

Any ideas would be great. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N900T using Forums mobile app

You can snorkel from the shore much cheaper at the Money Bar - no admission (Chank will cost $20 each), you enter the water via steps, good facilities, rental gear, food/drinks, etc. From there taxi into town for shopping and something to eat/drink before heading back to the ship.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

You can snorkel from the shore much cheaper at the Money Bar - no admission (Chank will cost $20 each), you enter the water via steps, good facilities, rental gear, food/drinks, etc. From there taxi into town for shopping and something to eat/drink before heading back to the ship.

I agree. If snorkeling is your main concern and you don't need to swim with dolphins or manatees, type of thing.....go to MoneyBar. Then take a cheap quick taxi to town and wander around.

Will be in Cozumel on Nov.20th, with 6 other ships.

Will be me, GF who is a first timer and 2 16 year olds.

Want to snorkel and enjoy a little shopping time. We are currently considering Chankanaab but want the most out of our day. The snorkeling is really the only must do.

Any ideas would be great. Thank you

We're on one of those other 6 ships that will be there that day - thanks for that tip!

We've been to Money Bar, we thought the snorkeling was just ok (not a lot of fish). Having snorkeled in Honduras and the Bahamas, Money Bar didn't hold a candle to them. We haven't been to Chank, so I don't know how the snorkeling is there. We're thinking about snorkeling in Cozumel on our next trip, if we do it will be by boat.

We've been to Money Bar, we thought the snorkeling was just ok (not a lot of fish). Having snorkeled in Honduras and the Bahamas, Money Bar didn't hold a candle to them. We haven't been to Chank, so I don't know how the snorkeling is there. We're thinking about snorkeling in Cozumel on our next trip, if we do it will be by boat.

Wow, really? I've been to the Money Bar twice and there was TONS of fish, as well as other sea life (eels, occassional turtle, etc). But if you weren't impressed with it, I don't imagine Chank would be much better for you. It's about one mile south of the Money Bar, so I would think the snorkeling would be pretty similar.

Maybe snorkeling the Palancar reef is more up your alley.

I agree that the west side of Cozumel snorkeling is not that great (compared to other Caribbean snorkeling destinations) mostly because it's so over snorkeled by tourists who kick, stand and just plain ruin the reef, and it was heavily damaged by a hurricane quite a few years ago and has never really recovered. That being said, anything in that area (Chank, MoneyBar) is going to be about the same. The East side of the island is where the awesome diving and snorkeling is, but most cruise tour ops stick to the west side.

Chankanaab and Money Bar are always usually the first 2 places mentioned when someone says they want to snorkel. I have only been to Chankanaab (and enjoyed it so much that we returned a second time before moving on to experience different places).

Chankanaab is a National Park and very beautiful. It's also HUGE and plenty of room there to spread out. I know you said that snorkeling was your main concern, but with the price of admission to Chankanaab, if you decided to take a break from snorkeling, there's so much more there to see and do. There's a beautiful lagoon, walkways, iguana's walking around, they now have an aligator place, a zip line and some type of "human balls" that they have added since I was there. (Then of course the swims with the animals and the free sea lion show). I have 2 reviews with tons of pictures, located in my signature line if you are interested in checking it out. :)